Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37 upgrade to whoosh supplied gtx2860r

gentlemen, if I move to a big turbo with a mild tune what can I expect. I have the cpe fmic. I relize I can push the x37 some but it doesn't do much in the higher temps in Colorado half mile races at altitude. thanks. boyracer.

wetwea33

I don't think there is a whole lot of reason to upgrade unless you plan on going with aux or meth. You could get ball park 320who on 93 with a s280 or 2860r.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are lots of people who have posted their experiences with the GTX2860R Gen 2 on this forum - no need to rehash it all here. After reading most (all?) of them, it seems to me that you 100% need aux. fuel to justify a BT and should plan on a tubular manifold to restore some spool performance and to let the turbo flow up high, which is really the whole reason for a BT.

The X37 is a great turbo but I hear you when it comes to the half mile. I hit 127 mph with the x37 on a gritty surface.

Like the other guys said you need to go aux fuel. I’m trying to set the 1/2 mile record. 2867r gen 2 with 4 port aux.

Good luck at your 1/2 mile event.

wetwea33

With the s280 and some of the other hybrid like big turbos coming out (x57) I don't think the manifold is really necessary. Looking at s280 logs it spools identically to my cyborg c39.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
I/2 racing in 100 degree weather at altitude raises inlet temps to a insane level. thereby the hybrids are down on power. if the big turbo build boost with out the temps of a hybrid then its a plus. any half mile big turbo racers out there?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
jeff don't care about the rehash ignore it if you want
My point is that most of the guys that wrote posts about their experiences aren’t going to want to post again just because you don’t want to search. The S280 is new and there’s a dedicated thread. The GTX2860R Gen 2 is well documented.

slopoke

Do a search for threads started with my username. I've got write ups on my Revo S242, Peron 4 port aux fuel and GTX2860 turbo. There are dyno graphs for each mod that I have done and with different fuels. Should give you an example of what you can expect. Depending of the fuel you are going to run, most hybrids will need aux fuel to get past 300ish whp. With the current batch of hybrid turbo and aux fuel, I do believe the limit is 330ish whp. 93 octane pump gas makes a big difference too.

The S280 turbo is not a hybrid, since the turbine and compressor are not the same as the Borg Warner that a hybrid is based on. It's got a different turbine and compressor housing altogether. The same holds true with the X57 series from Pumaspeed. If I were to do it again, I'd go with the S280, because it should spool sooner than the GTX2860 and yield a lot more top end hp than a typical hybrid, but I don't think as much top end whp as a GTX2860. I have not seen any dyno numbers that show this, but with hearing on how the S280 and X57 are built, that's my assumption. Good luck.