Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Xan Presents: Everything You Need to Know About Automotive Lighting

What parameters did you use for aiming? 25ft away from a wall, with the cutoff X number of inches below lamp height?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
What parameters did you use for aiming? 25ft away from a wall, with the cutoff X number of inches below lamp height?
I used the "Well the X3 stock projectors hits that fence about that high while driving up so I'll shoot for that..." and then the "damn, those are still a little too low, let me aim them up a bit more so they JUST don't hit drivers going the other direction in the face"... :)

2 very effective methods at least, it was easy to compare to other cars out there and have never been flashed since I have a perfectly clean cutoff

I used the "Well the X3 stock projectors hits that fence about that high while driving up so I'll shoot for that..." and then the "damn, those are still a little too low, let me aim them up a bit more so they JUST don't hit drivers going the other direction in the face"... :)

2 very effective methods at least, it was easy to compare to other cars out there and have never been flashed since I have a perfectly clean cutoff
That’s pretty much what I did…

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Thread Starter #84
Posting in this thread for the first time in years as I was just too annoyed with people cluttering it up with "nuh uh," but I also want people to know that I am capable of changing my views in the face of new information, a lesson many people could stand to learn.

As anticipated, there have been great strides in LED bulb technology over the last few years.

If I am reading the documentation correctly, it appears that the Osram Night Breaker LED H7, when paired with adapter 64210DA02, in left-hand-drive Euro projector headlights, meets ECE R112 regulations, which are far more stringent than DOT regulations regarding lighting performance and safety.

https://www.osram.com/am/night-breaker-led.jsp

These are Osram's own design, and as far as I am aware these are the only LED bulbs that have been tested to be safe and legal in our specific headlights. You still run into issues with the color rendering index, and there's a really interesting discussion about it here if you're into that sort of thing like I am: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/osram-street-legal-led-headlight-bulbs.482116/

I wish I'd gotten the "good at math and science" autism instead of whatever this is, but there you go. If I ever get around to installing my euro headlights I may try these out.