Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

XS Class

CSM

1000 Post Club
Should I do SMF or XS for 2020? Car is set up and ready to go and I plan to do a lot of events in 2020.

I've been out of the Autox game since 2005-2007 when I was competitive in C-Stock with my 99 miata :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Should I do SMF or XS for 2020? Car is set up and ready to go and I plan to do a lot of events in 2020.

I've been out of the Autox game since 2005-2007 when I was competitive in C-Stock with my 99 miata :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
As someone who is running SMF (not really competitively), I imagine the PAX for XS will be more beneficial since you are limited to 200TW or higher tires. So if you don't already have some Hoosiers or something crazy, XS will be the way to go.. I will likely be going this route this year as well for when I do compete.

WTF! I am an idiot or this asinine? Isn't PAX for SMF .841?
"Ok we are making a CAM class for Forign cars, so PAX should be close to the same" "No the Mustang guys will freak out if they get beat by a Mita with an LS dropped in it, we better make sure its impossiable for an XS to win" "Good Point, .841 it is!"

WTF! I am an idiot or is this asinine? Isn't PAX for SMF .841? Why would this have a worse PAX?
It's absolutely ridiculous. Locally we have a thriving Tire Pax, so it really won't make sense for anyone to compete in these new classes until they fix this.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's absolutely ridiculous. Locally we have a thriving Tire Pax, so it really won't make sense for anyone to compete in these new classes until they fix this.
What's a "Tire PAX"? Sorry I am still a bit clueless.

What's a "Tire PAX"? Sorry I am still a bit clueless.
Basically they take all the classes that run race tires, allow them to run 200TW tires, and they all get PAXed against each other using their standard PAX. Helps them lower costs to run locally.

Think of it like novice class, they're all competing against each other with PAX, but not really competitive with being "PAXed" across the entire field.

Attachments

CSM

1000 Post Club
WTF! I am an idiot or is this asinine? Isn't PAX for SMF .841? Why would this have a worse PAX?
I was talking to a friend in Charlotte who attended a regional SCCA update meeting. They intentionally made the PAX worse because they have no body of evidence for the new classes. They plan on refining the PAX over the next few years as data comes in

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was talking to a friend in Charlotte who attended a regional SCCA update meeting. They intentionally made the PAX worse because they have no body of evidence for the new classes. They plan on refining the PAX over the next few years as data comes in
That's unfortunate but it aligns with how seriously people take Auto-X. Part of the reason I stopped going to most events and started rallycrossing instead. The crowd at Rally-X is so much friendly and nicer to be around. Competition is still good without being overly competitive.

OP
Pablo Pistoffo
Thread Starter #14
That's unfortunate but it aligns with how seriously people take Auto-X. Part of the reason I stopped going to most events and started rallycrossing instead. The crowd at Rally-X is so much friendly and nicer to be around. Competition is still good without being overly competitive.
Yeah, it seems kind of weird for them to make this choice, as it was supposed to be a way to encourage more modified cars to come play. As much as I was looking forward to getting a Whoosh hybrid or a S280, there's no way I'd be competitive up here because we don't "do" car classes- everything is based off of PAX because there are rarely more than 2-3 cars in any one car class.