Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R

Hey Guys and Girls,

I have purchased a set of Yokohama Neova AD08R for the mighty little FiST. These are my first ever real performance tyre.

On a short track (Luddenham Raceway in Western Sydney) I set a lap of 1:00.412. This was on an older set of Pirelli P-Zero Nero GT on their 3rd track day. The Pirelli's weren't that great on track to begin with but the 2nd and 3rd track days they really struggled.

I know these tyres once up to temp and at the right pressure will be miles ahead on the track but just how much quicker do you guys think I would go?

During my research I saw a vid from the U.S where a guy did a 1:25.xxx lap on a track using stock Scion FRS tyres, and did a 1:21.xxx on the Yoko's. The difference was 3.7 seconds! Rediclous!!!

Is 1.5 seconds a realistic goal on such a short track to aim for mid 58's?

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on the tyres in general as well as their own lap times/improvements.

Cheers

Liam

I'm interested in trying these out as my next tire.
Here in the US they're very pricy, coming in @ $220 / tire. Curious if they're cheaper for you in Australia.

I've been trying to find something both good for casual autocross / small track racing as well as quiet and tame for daily driving. Wanna have my cake and eat it too!

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #3
I'm interested in trying these out as my next tire.
Here in the US they're very pricy, coming in @ $220 / tire. Curious if they're cheaper for you in Australia.

I've been trying to find something both good for casual autocross / small track racing as well as quiet and tame for daily driving. Wanna have my cake and eat it too!
They are around $255 give or take in AU dollars but found a site that had 15% off for Valentines day. I paid $886 AU for the tyres, now will be around $150 to fit and get balanced and alligned. Still cheaper than retail price.

It's been pretty rainy most days here lately so first test will be daily in the wet. I'll make videos on them for track days and maybe a 6 month daily driver/track review in July/August.

All reports were good from my asking questions and research. I'll just take it easy in the wet lol.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #4
Yokohama Advan Neova AD08r

First 1000km of daily driving.
Comfort: no different to my outgoing Pirelli P-Zero Nero GT. Having said that you do get more feedback on a public road and you feel and hear the bumps.

Noise: there is road noise however it has not been intrusive. I have noticed the the pitch of the noise is different to the tyres they replaced but no louder. They do hum along a little and I notice it more coming to a stop from higher speeds.

Fitment: Being a semi slick they have a very square profile compared to a more rounded street tyre. I am using Mountune Springs with 17x7.5+40 wheels and a 215/40r17 tyre. I am getting scrubbing on the front drivers side (track videos to come, bloody awful noise). I think a little extra height and camber would easily sort this.

What you want to know about is the performance.

Daily driving: Be careful wanting to push these on the road. They are very good when up to temp and at good pressures however this would be quite difficult to determine these optimal conditions when on a spirited drive. Having said that, they still offer a lot of grip in the dry, I have not even come close to "pushing" them in the wet on the road, maybe not worth it.

On Track: In the dry these are a beast. At Luddenham Raceway I was able to hold higher corner speed, brake later and accelerate earlier resulting in a PB of around 1.3 sconds quicker than my previous. I was able to keep pressures even side to side with the fronts being 35.5psi and 36psi, rears were 30.5 and 31psi on a clockwise track. I could have maybe lowered them a tad but I felt a decent balance and the car felt very predictable.
The feel on track was very different to a street tyre. Street tyres you can do a bit of a warm up and predict how they will react until they overheat. The AD08r took some warming and laps got quicker as confidence built, temps came up with pressures etc but once there the grip was rediculous.

If you do track days and really want the best out of the car, don't let tyres let you down after a couple of sessions. People talk about it like I am now but they really do make a difference. If they can make 1.3 seconds difference on a short track, it will likely be even more so on longer tracks like SMP.

Keen to hear if people agree.

20210216_135357.jpg 20210217_121411.jpg 20210317_131219.jpg IMG_20210310_065100_515.jpg