Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Zeitronix and Braille B3121 Install

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a simple project snowball into something much larger(had I known this I would have taken more pics), well that's what this was, it started off as a simple Zeitronix ECA-2 install.... When trying to decide where to put the sensor I couldn't come up with anywhere I was personally happy with, I read through the other posts on here about the install and they were very helpful and gave me most of what I ended up with idea wise. It ended up being a custom battery mount with a Braille B3121 to allow space between the battery and ECU for the Ethanol sensor.

Once I removed the factory battery and box there is a nice steel plate mounted on top of the motor mount bracket, this same plate has the support bracket for the airbox bolted to it for reference. that plate happened to allow a B3121 to sit on it almost perfectly, ended up welding a piece of steel leading off the edge of it following the same line as the factory battery box which allowed the ECU mount to bolt right to it (pictures will probably help explain it better) and on the opposite side of the plate a small piece of steel with a 90 deg angle facing up was welded on to support the battery on the fuse box side, there was also a piano brace welded from the lower strip to the backside of the ECU bracket to help support it, lastly the Ethanol sensor was mounted to the backside of the ECU bracket with a 3d printed mount I found online, the ECU had to spaced out with a washer to allow the nuts holding the sensor bracket to clear the ECU plugs so they could be plugged in easily, the factory ECU cover still went on just fine, as for mounting the battery I had a friend make me a aluminum tie down for the top(yes those are Metroids on it!), for the front I bought some long M6 Bolts off amazon and actually used the one bolt hole holding the airbox bracket on as a mount point so essentially the bolt goes through the tie down and right into the factory threads, for the rear tie down I bought a $6 set of j-hooks from advanced and drilled a hole in the steel mount underneath to slide it through.

I ended up using Russell fittings to adapt the SAE ports on the motor and sensor to 6AN and used earls Ultra-pro hose connect everything up.

The gauge itself is installed in the glove box with a gauge pod I got from Speed of Sound, all in all I was very happy with how it turned out and wanted to share, hopefully it gives others some ideas for things as well.
IMG-0582.JPG IMG-0583.JPG IMG-0584.JPG IMG-0585.JPG IMG-0586.JPG

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
thank you for sharing - both installs look amazing !

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Another gauge to watch...and install..nah...I'd rather just look on my phone. Fuel-it! offers a sensor and a bluetooth adapter to allow you to do a content reading through your phone via App.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
QUOTE="TyphoonFiST, post: 365959, member: 3304"]Another gauge to watch...and install..nah...I'd rather just look on my phone. Fuel-it! offers a sensor and a bluetooth adapter to allow you to do a content reading through your phone via App.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
What a great idea that Bluetooth Ethanol sensor is! Right? Don’t you think? 🏆

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I like it due to the fact I don't need to mount another gauge in my FiST. I already have like 4-5 gauges in the Typhoon in a pillar and a cup holder mounted gauge. Almost too much but I have them all color coded in their lights to make it easier.

I like it due to the fact I don't need to mount another gauge in my FiST. I already have like 4-5 gauges in the Typhoon in a pillar and a cup holder mounted gauge. Almost too much but I have them all color coded in their lights to make it easier.
I was trying to say aren’t you glad I steered you in that direction?