Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Black Friday 2018

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
i purchased the stage 2 91 oct just wondering if i am getting version 1 or version 2?? either way it will be a step up from the cobb ots . if i love the tune ill just order the e30 next spring when the snow tires come off. [grinking]
You'll get version 2 by default now... The pump tune is slightly conservative but will beat the pants off the Cobb OTS tunes and be smoother too, but e30 is insane, truly makes our car feel powerful!

ROCKYFiestta

thanks i am glad to hear i got version 2. 91 should do for now. i will get the e30 in spring no point with right now here in colorado shitty weather and blizzaks on the car atm [sadpanda]

1. The bundle includes both a pump gas (91/93) and e30... Trust me e30 is incredible and easier to mix than you might think...
2. Yes, you can "safely" run a Stage 2, your ECU will cut things back if it it has to due to temps, but you're right, in the winter your charge temps will be low and you probably won't be racing on a track, right, so no biggie..
3. I changed my plugs to step colder at 12.5k on my '17, it does help some with upper RPM pull, less knock detected, but not a huge deal, but also at only $45 pre-gapped, it's a good idea. The plugs for my turbo Kia were over $100 for comparison..

Form:
1. Idle speed you want to keep at 850, I'd say... Strangely everyone talks about raising idle, I find you get less vibes keeping it down but a touch higher for response.
2. Ugh, hate rev hang, Stratified can't get rid of it on my tune, it's worse than my Dizzy with it ON... it's supposed to help but I'd say Off like you were thinking.
3. Oh yeah, long story short, Cobb uses ignition based, factory uses fuel and brakes. You WILL break loose in 2nd, I like Cobb with it set to 3, you get some spin but then comes back in check. You will always have to hit "ESC" off once to Sport mode to override factory to use the Cobb version.
4. Again, I suggest have Cobb enabled at 3. If you hate spinning at all, then 2, but you'll feel it kick in even more. The lower the number the sooner it kicks in and allows less spin.
5. Each tune supports 5 map settings you can change with your cruise control buttons: 1. will be Performance, 2. 15 psi max Eco/traction mode, and others can be Valet and Anti-theft where you would set it to that slot while parking and leave your car if someone tries to steal it it won't start. When you get back to your car first thing you do is change your map slot back to another and then start. I don't bother with it.

Hope that helps!
Thank you Dan! That helps to clarify a TON of things. So the bundle is really 3 tunes: one for 91, one of 93, and one for E30? That's sweet and a great value! I've always read about E30 tuning and now I get a chance to try it! If I'm in a city without E85 availability, I can always switch back to stock or 91. I do have a follow-up question regarding Rev Hang. If everyone hates it so much, why would Dizzy make it a default to ON instead of OFF? And why is it called "Shift Assist/Rev Hang" in his options? Does it really assist with shifting?