Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Contestant #3 enters the radiator scene

Trader history for Business6 (3)

Whoosh started they haven't gotten word on when the new ones will ship, I asked a couple days ago, so we might all be waiting a while. I'm just glad it's winter now.
Been a while; have they sent you a replacement yet?

Edit: Oops, I guess it's Sterilyze who's waiting for the replacement.

Last edited:
It's finally here, YAAAAYYYYYY!!! Hopefully I don't have any fitment issues like that other dude. Will keep you guys updated. May make a small video for everyone's information if any of y'all are interested in it.

Also, can't tell if it's dual or triple pass, only saw two back to back rows? 🤷

Attachments

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I am not an expert on tig and mig welding. I don't even play a welder on TV, nor slept at a H.I. Express. However, do question that weld and is that a weld on a weld? Is that normal/acceptable?
Disclaimer: I'm looking at it on a cell phone and not a tablet or pc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Great article, so our water pump is capable of supporting a 3 pass rad?
Most on here claim, "NO PROBLEM", but who really knows??

It is a selling/feature point which Ron quietly uses to promote the co$tly Pro Alloy unit he sells as the 'top of the line', it being a higher capacity SINGLE PASS unit. [wink]

I am not an expert on tig and mig welding. I don't even play a welder on TV, nor slept at a H.I. Express. However, do question that weld and is that a weld on a weld? Is that normal/acceptable?
Disclaimer: I'm looking at it on a cell phone and not a tablet or pc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Idk, the welds look pretty solid for being aluminium but I'm no expert either 🤷

Great article, so our water pump is capable of supporting a 3 pass rad?
I know about as much of that as the next person, most people on the forum and on FB and every other site I've been across seem to say they've never experienced any issues running a triple pass. But there's no solid data. Not many people say how long they've ran a triple pass or anything like that. Maybe someone in this thread can enlighten us.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
A properly designed 3 pass radiator (with increased tubing size) keeps the flow rate/back pressure as designed for the car. That does not mean cheap lower quality radiators do. Last summer I was at a small town KY back road local tire store that was checking a tire with low pressure for me. The store was so old the owners lived above the store, probably from the '30's. It had a faded sign inside the office that said "We have good tires and we have cheap tires, which do you want?" Just because a part "fits" our car does not mean it operates within the design parameters of the original. Think about tires for our car as an example. You can probably find junk Chinese tires to fit our FiST's but they sure as hell will not operate like the OEM tires.
An owner sets priorities for their purchases; low price, quality and performance. In most cases you can get 2 out of 3. When I was in my 20's my priorities were low price because I seldom kept a car for long. I wanted cheap performance until a new shiny object caught my eyes. Our forum has both ends of the spectrum and many somewhere in between. Choices are important to all car owners and I'm glad we have them.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A properly designed 3 pass radiator (with increased tubing size) keeps the flow rate/back pressure as designed for the car. That does not mean cheap lower quality radiators do. Last summer I was at a small town KY back road local tire store that was checking a tire with low pressure for me. The store was so old the owners lived above the store, probably from the '30's. It had a faded sign inside the office that said "We have good tires and we have cheap tires, which do you want?" Just because a part "fits" our car does not mean it operates within the design parameters of the original. Think about tires for our car as an example. You can probably find junk Chinese tires to fit our FiST's but they sure as hell will not operate like the OEM tires.
An owner sets priorities for their purchases; low price, quality and performance. In most cases you can get 2 out of 3. When I was in my 20's my priorities were low price because I seldom kept a car for long. I wanted cheap performance until a new shiny object caught my eyes. Our forum has both ends of the spectrum and many somewhere in between. Choices are important to all car owners and I'm glad we have them.
+1

I wish the young guys would value engineering over price more of the time. A good portion of the time, it’s worth the extra 25-50% in cost to purchase something with a good chunk of engineering and testing time behind it, especially when it is something that could easily leave you stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to give this update, but I didn't receive a replacement from the next batch of radiators from Ron. He did give a refund though. No hard feelings but I'm going to have to buy from someone else since the next batch is due in mid April.
Thanks for the update. I was following this thread closely, but couldn't wait any longer and bought the Mountune radiator instead. I was able to install it sliding up from the bottom without removing the bumper, though it's a tight fit. Took me 7-8 hours total.

Erick_V

Thanks for the update. I was following this thread closely, but couldn't wait any longer and bought the Mountune radiator instead. I was able to install it sliding up from the bottom without removing the bumper, though it's a tight fit. Took me 7-8 hours total.
+1. You have to jack the car up a fair amount so check the rad height before finding out your jack doesn't go high enough. Removing the oil filter and cold pipe also helps a ton plus you can knock out an oil change while you're under there lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKIIIRS Focus RS General Discussions 0