Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Damond Motorsports Fiesta ST Oil Catch Can kits

Trader history for Damond Motorsports (0)

I just installed this OCC. Is it a PITA to open the drain valve? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Maybe my hands are just too big lol.
Doubt you're doing anything wrong, as I have little girl hands and It takes me some maneuvering to open the valve lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Erick_V

People like to give me crap for the way I do it but I have a ratcheting wrench so it’s easy for me to just remove the can and lines and prop it up to drain while I do an oil change. I also have large hands and I ran the hose down but it was still hard for me to reach up and hit the drain, I ultimately removed the tube and used the method above. Takes me 2 minutes tops to take the can out

People like to give me crap for the way I do it but I have a ratcheting wrench so it’s easy for me to just remove the can and lines and prop it up to drain while I do an oil change. I also have large hands and I ran the hose down but it was still hard for me to reach up and hit the drain, I ultimately removed the tube and used the method above. Takes me 2 minutes tops to take the can out
That's exactly what I was thinking I might have to do. I have large hands, so this might be my go to.

jayrod1980

Can someone hook me up with the hose size for the drain? Mine fell off the car and is out on a road somewhere between my house and Indian Springs Nevada. I’m sure I could pick up some hose at O’Reilly.

xxiaze

Can someone hook me up with the hose size for the drain? Mine fell off the car and is out on a road somewhere between my house and Indian Springs Nevada. I’m sure I could pick up some hose at O’Reilly.
If you plan on picking up hoses from an auto parts store make sure that they are PCV or trans fluid lines OR silicone lines.... do not use heater/coolant plumbing. I did this and mine collapsed, had to source some PCV line. Was unable to source any in 5/8” ID at major auto box stores. Found mine at a smaller auto division but still local.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I'm not even sure that I would use silicone in this app, unless it was HEAVILY reinforced with a fabric/aramid/whatever layer. [wink]

jayrod1980

Damond’s hoses are great. I had no issues at all with mine after 4 years, but I did remove it when I was searching for my boost leak. Turns out it was a 6 inch crack in my DHM intercooler. The hose I’m talking about is the drain line that only sees fluid when draining the catch can. I guess I’ll message Damond and see if they will sell me a replacement.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is everyone still liking these OCCs? I just cleaned my valves and I figure I should probably put an OCC back on my car. Diamond looks like the best option. Anyone have issues with boost leaks or vacuum leaks? I like the mishimoto one too but I don't like the mounting location since there's a lot going on in that space. My previous OCC rubbed an AC line and took out my AC.

Last edited:
Is everyone still liking these OCCs? I just cleaned my valves and I figure I should probably put an OCC back on my car. Diamond looks like the best option. Anyone have issues with boost leaks or vacuum leaks? I like the mishimoto one too but I don't like the mounting location since there's a lot going on in that space. My previous OCC rubbed an AC line and took out my AC.
It seems like the best OCC if you want to use one, but the validity of OCCs seems debatable ranging from pointless but harmless to pointless but potentially harmful. I personally have not and will not use one, as there's little compelling argument I've seen for them. But if I had to run one, it would be the Damond.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mine is still just fine as far as not having any leaks in the hoses/junctions/etc., and for the hoses not rubbing into anything under hood.

But the drain valve IS impossible to reach without getting up under a jacked up front end, and even then it takes some blind reaching around along the fire wall.

I cannot ever have this car up on a jack in my development, and since it is impossible for me to get to the drain valve and hose with the car on the ground, I like others in this thread, am going to have to remove the can to drain it, as it's been over a year since it's been done. [:(]

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought one just to be on the safe side. I'll report back about how much it catches. It's not cheap so hopefully it does something to reduce buildup

Erick_V

Still running mine also, believe I installed it in 2018. I usually empty it after pulling the drain plug and filter during oil changes. I think I get 1-2oz of fluid out every 5k. Would rather have it in the can vs on the valves.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Mine is still just fine as far as not having any leaks in the hoses/junctions/etc., and for the hoses not rubbing into anything under hood.

But the drain valve IS impossible to reach without getting up under a jacked up front end, and even then it takes some blind reaching around along the fire wall.

I cannot ever have this car up on a jack in my development, and since it is impossible for me to get to the drain valve and hose with the car on the ground, I like others in this thread, am going to have to remove the can to drain it, as it's been over a year since it's been done. [:(]

Not a problem if you have a smaller hand............thankfully I do!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought one just to be on the safe side. I'll report back about how much it catches. It's not cheap so hopefully it does something to reduce buildup
Installed mine today. Install was straightforward, I cut the hoses so they fit nicely and won’t rub anything. I also got the protective sleeves which unfortunately cover up my nice red hoses.
6FBA3C8D-329C-4C93-A5C1-E1B81A745C02.jpeg
FCD793A6-DA7A-478B-8A97-1CEAF1CFE97B.jpeg
So far I’m happy with how it fits and the quality of the parts.