Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Dipped beam dim

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #3
Can later on my dipped beam is poor hi beam is fine my auto level sensors work when I turn lights on have thought it's the reflector behind the projector but it's got standerd xenon bulb can the light be manually adjusted ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #4
I have this picture at the moment can't hardly see infront of you the lights are that poor will get better one later

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Are you using dip bulbs for coloring reasons? If so going to LED would be better, especially for headlights.

OR are the xenon bulbs dipped?

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #6
My dipped beam bulbs are the factory fitted xenon bulbs but they not bright at all so I have orderd a new set these are what's in the car now ?

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
They don't look dipped. What temperature did you order? If you stick around 5,000k it should be brighter.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
8000k is going to be on the blueish spectrum, which isn't going to be as bright as the 5-6000k range, is that what you're aiming for?

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #10
Yes but can't see the road clear at all I have read that the reflectors burn is there anyway to clean them up ?

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Yes but can't see the road clear at all I have read that the reflectors burn is there anyway to clean them up ?

Can you post a picture of that? You'll need to open housing to access the reflectors. If it's bad, its probably easier to replace the housing.

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #12
How can I see if it's burned can't see through thR little hole the the bulb sits or will it's be all burned on the outside of the reflector ?

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
You should be able to see the reflectors by looking at the housing from the front.

OP
lukefergusonc2
Thread Starter #16
They are the the ones I have bought but 8k is there any way I can clean the reflector without taking the headlight apart or buy the the reflector the only way to get in there is the hole the bulb sits in And that's only 15mm round :/ thanks for the help as well mate [emoji1360]

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Those reflectors look fine, hopefully the new bulbs will be brighter for you.