Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Engine Build v1.0

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

OP
J
Thread Starter #41
I can't wait to see the before and after dyno sheets of the cam change. I'm assuming you are going for some upgraded valve springs? I think supertech has a kit for some really nice beehive springs and titianium retainers. I haven't gotten to see the weight difference between them and the steel ones most tuners carry.
I'll probably end up going with the Mountune (piper cams) kit, which includes the springs. I meant "v2" and not "Stage 2" in my previous post.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just curious; do you go all of the way to Englishtown or Atco now that Southampton has been shut down for a while??

OP
J
Thread Starter #49
Just curious; do you go all of the way to Englishtown or Atco now that Southampton has been shut down for a while??
Englishtown closed too.
howver, they have opened a temporary event here on the island at an abandoned air strip. Prep is not great but it's 20 minutes away!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Englishtown closed too.
howver, they have opened a temporary event here on the island at an abandoned air strip. Prep is not great but it's 20 minutes away!
I know that there was talk of Englishtown going the way of so many of the others, due to noise complaints from all of the encroaching suburban neighborhoods/developments in that area, which started to appear LONG LONG after the track was fully established.

But I did not know it was a done deal already. [:(!] [thumbdown]

Also lost in that venue closing down is the autocrosses in the parking lots there, and the karting track as well. [:(]

Jason, do you already have a plan for tuning? It seems with the cams and the ported head that would make tuning difficult, but I don't really know.

OP
J
Thread Starter #53
Jason, do you already have a plan for tuning? It seems with the cams and the ported head that would make tuning difficult, but I don't really know.
I will be doing the tuning and will provide updates/impression/gains in this forum.

I'll also plan to test this setup with the same turbo (s280). It made 376whp on a completely stock engine, so I am interested in seeing a direct comparison.
Then I'll bolt a G25-550 on it and give it hell!

I will be doing the tuning and will provide updates/impression/gains in this forum.

I'll also plan to test this setup with the same turbo (s280). It made 376whp on a completely stock engine, so I am interested in seeing a direct comparison.
Then I'll bolt a G25-550 on it and give it hell!
Yeah sorry, I didn't phrase that well. I assumed you would be tuning. I just meant a plan as in you do you know what parameters need to be adjusted and what outcomes to expect etc.? I'm under the impression that there are very few 1.6's with any aftermarket cams and a ported head so the tuning required is not exactly a known thing at this point.

OP
J
Thread Starter #55
Sorry for the lack of updates, it's been a busy year!
The engine was fully assembled and has since been installed into the Fiesta.
These V3 cams take a lot of tweaking, but we getting there!
More updates to come, and make sure to check out the first page with updated posts/pics.

5.jpg 9.jpg

Last edited: