Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Ford Focus RS Tire Pressure Monitoring System Sensors Part#

FocusMike

Brand: Motorcraft
Manufacturer's Part Number: G1EZ1A189A

9L3Z-1A189-A, 9L3Z1A189A, G1EZ1A189A, G1EZ-1A189-A - Focus RS TPMS SENSOR

winstond

HAVING TERRIBLE TIME GETTING GIEZ-1A189-A Tire Rack says November 28th, Ford says indeterminate, won't even take orders....Can't have sport cup 2's in weather near 20deg or below....working with lead engineers in Germany to solve problem

OP
FocusMike

FocusMike

Thread Starter #4
HAVING TERRIBLE TIME GETTING GIEZ-1A189-A Tire Rack says November 28th, Ford says indeterminate, won't even take orders....Can't have sport cup 2's in weather near 20deg or below....working with lead engineers in Germany to solve problem
Tirerack also told me they weren't able to get it until November, try calling another dealer and have them special order them. It may take a few weeks but they can order them. Better yet send a PM [MENTION=74]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] and he can probably get it for you.

winstond

German engineers not very aware of the problem. Mostly we are SOL. I'm having Tire Rack send wheels and tires, will put up with light til backordered sensors come. Many say could be in 2017!

OP
FocusMike

FocusMike

Thread Starter #6
German engineers not very aware of the problem. Mostly we are SOL. I'm having Tire Rack send wheels and tires, will put up with light til backordered sensors come. Many say could be in 2017!
Funny thing is those parts are made in the UK so I would think you guys can get them sooner than we can in the states. But check with [MENTION=74]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] he can probably order them and send them to you sooner.

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
Kind of crazy but Ford of North America has none, at all, anywhere. Supposedly the supplier is going to ship "six" sensors on November 8th but the actual ETA for them to be readily available is January 25th.

Wish I had a better answer for you.

-Steve

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
I'd also like to point out that my parts catalog doesn't come up with that G1EZ number for the RS TPMS sensors.

I'm finding P/N EB3Z-1A189-A, anyone want to share a VIN so I can check a few more?

-Steve

OP
FocusMike

FocusMike

Thread Starter #9
OP
FocusMike

FocusMike

Thread Starter #11
Thanks, I was pulling some from E-bay motors and used some of yours and every VIN I check comes up with the EB3Z number for the sensors.

-Steve
You think its the same part but with EB3Z for US and G1EZ for European designations?

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
You think its the same part but with EB3Z for US and G1EZ for European designations?
I don't think so, Oddly I do seem to recall seeing that GIEZ number back when the RS catalog first came out but I can't find a trace of it anywhere now. Like it's been erased, it is a good part number though and if it was in fact a Euro specific part we wouldn't even be able to get pricing on it. Ford (and most others) are very strict about market specific parts not being available in other markets.

-Steve