Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

GI: X37 and X47 Turbo Bundles.

Trader history for Alex@Stratified (0)

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #61
Just verified, yes these are with the red compressor wheels. We have one turbo that will be available within a week and 3 more on order.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What is the warranty on these kits?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #63
What is the warranty on these kits?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Warranty is offered by Puma on the turbocharger. Here is what they say:

The policy is simple:
Return for inspection.
The turbo guys are no fools but they are very fair.
There could be all manner of reasons
Dirty ingress
Over spinning
Oil starvation

The boys know every reason and will always assist with any failure
If the failure is a manufacturing issue then it's fixed and returned ASAP
If there is a misuse or oil starvation due to high G cornering then 100 % this is not their fault and is chargeable but at a cost price for parts with virtually zero labor
If the unit is totally scrapped ie exhaust housing is unusable or snail then we cannot replace the unit free no matter
A new core would have to be sourced or parts there of and those would be chargeable but again at a cost price with no profit.

We aim to be fair and do value our brand so we will always try and help even when it's not directly our issue

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Literally the 1st sentence of his post answers ur question
Fair enough.

Was hoping for clarification I guess - if the turbo has to be shipped to Pumaspeed for diagnosis that's a long ways away (aka long turn around time or expensive freight bills).

If Stratified is offering the product, why don't they take the returns, diagnose, offer a replacement and then deal with Pumaspeed in the background on behalf of the customer.

Doesn't seem like there is much of and advantage going either Stratified over direct from Pumaspeed.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Fair enough.

Was hoping for clarification I guess - if the turbo has to be shipped to Pumaspeed for diagnosis that's a long ways away (aka long turn around time or expensive freight bills).

If Stratified is offering the product, why don't they take the returns, diagnose, offer a replacement and then deal with Pumaspeed in the background on behalf of the customer.

Doesn't seem like there is much of and advantage going either Stratified over direct from Pumaspeed.
Agreed.

Fair enough.

Shipping, exchange rates, local time zones, familiarity with tuning software (AP) if also purchasing a tune. Pumaspeed may not want Stratified diagnosing problems either, since they reportedly have a low failure rate. I would much prefer to deal with a local vendor in North America than try and deal with someone overseas, should an issue arise.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Shipping, exchange rates, local time zones, familiarity with tuning software (AP) if also purchasing a tune. Pumaspeed may not want Stratified diagnosing problems either, since they reportedly have a low failure rate. I would much prefer to deal with a local vendor in North America than try and deal with someone overseas, should an issue arise.
Shipping and exchange rate are moot points - they apply to most people. If you think that Pumaspeed is new to tuning... well I hope you know the world is bigger than just North America.

The way I see it, you're just adding one more hand in the cookie jar. I worked inside sales once upon a time - if I was buying a product to turn around and sell to a customer I would throw 20% mark up on it just because I had to do paperwork. 35% if I had to do any actual engineering behind it. So what I'm saying is I doubt that Stratified is a bad option, just doesn't seem to me like there is much incentive for purchasing a product through them when you can get it direct from the manufacturer.

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #70
Just to make sure everything this very clear because with so many replies and posts this can get lost in translation.

Since Puma manufacture these turbochargers, they are the ones that can diagnose any issues and/or repair or replace units. This is why the turbocharger warranty is directly through them.

The kits that we offer include the following:

- Stratified custom tune
- Big bore intake elbow.
- Turbosmart wastegate actuator.
- Exhaust manifold to turbo, turbo to downpipe, and oil drain gaskets.
- No core exchange, you keep your OEM turbo.

If you are in the US turbos are shipped from the US, if you are in Canada they are shipped from Canada.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Just to make sure everything this very clear because with so many replies and posts this can get lost in translation.

Since Puma manufacture these turbochargers, they are the ones that can diagnose any issues and/or repair or replace units. This is why the turbocharger warranty is directly through them.

The kits that we offer include the following:

- Stratified custom tune
- Big bore intake elbow.
- Turbosmart wastegate actuator.
- Exhaust manifold to turbo, turbo to downpipe, and oil drain gaskets.
- No core exchange, you keep your OEM turbo.

If you are in the US turbos are shipped from the US, if you are in Canada they are shipped from Canada.
I guess I should look at pricing but who is eating the cost of the turbo housing / core?

Pumaspeed has a big bore intake elbow, turbosmart WGA, gaskets aren't needed... guess if you really want a Stratified custom tune this might be more cost effective. I'll do some math later on...

Here is a quick comparison. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

From Pumaspeed:

x-47 Plus Hybrid Turbo: $915
No Core Exchange: $328
Turbosmart 11psi Actuator: $128
Turbo Elbow: $122

Subtotal: $1,493

Shipping: $85
VAT: N/A
Custom Tune (not included): $250 estimate
Gaskets: (not included): $50 estimate

Total: $1,878

From Stratified:

x47 Plus Hybrid Turbo: Included ($915 Value)
Big bore intake elbow: Included ($122 Value)
Turbosmart wastegate actuator: Included ($128 Value)
Exhaust manifold to turbo, turbo to downpipe, and oil drain gaskets: Included ($50 estimated value)
No core exchange, you keep your OEM turbo: Included ($328 Value)
Custom Tune: Included ($250 Value)
Turbo Package: $2,200

Subtotal: $2,200 ($1,793 Value using Pumaspeed prices)

Shipping: $50 (according to Stratified's website shipping calculator for U.S. residents)

Total: $2,250

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Here is a quick comparison. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

From Pumaspeed:

x-47 Plus Hybrid Turbo: $915
No Core Exchange: $328
Turbosmart 11psi Actuator: $128
Turbo Elbow: $122

Subtotal: $1,493

Shipping: $85
VAT: N/A
Custom Tune (not included): $250 estimate
Gaskets: (not included): $50 estimate

Total: $1,878

From Stratified:

x47 Plus Hybrid Turbo: Included ($915 Value)
Big bore intake elbow: Included ($122 Value)
Turbosmart wastegate actuator: Included ($128 Value)
Exhaust manifold to turbo, turbo to downpipe, and oil drain gaskets: Included ($50 estimated value)
No core exchange, you keep your OEM turbo: Included ($328 Value)
Custom Tune: Included ($250 Value)
Turbo Package: $2,200

Subtotal: $2,200 ($1,793 Value using Pumaspeed prices)

Shipping: $50 (according to Stratified's website shipping calculator for U.S. residents)

Total: $2,250
Nice work!

Unsurprisingly it seems you pay more when there is another hand in the cookie jar.

Shipping and exchange rate are moot points - they apply to most people. If you think that Pumaspeed is new to tuning... well I hope you know the world is bigger than just North America.

The way I see it, you're just adding one more hand in the cookie jar. I worked inside sales once upon a time - if I was buying a product to turn around and sell to a customer I would throw 20% mark up on it just because I had to do paperwork. 35% if I had to do any actual engineering behind it. So what I'm saying is I doubt that Stratified is a bad option, just doesn't seem to me like there is much incentive for purchasing a product through them when you can get it direct from the manufacturer.
Yes, but shipping from the US to the US is cheaper than shipping from the UK to the US, generally speaking. And you won't pay an exchange rate when purchasing locally, although that will likely be built into the cost. And yes, I know Pumaspeed isn't new to tuning, but unless I am mistaken, they don't tune on the Accessport. I think there are advantages to both, more options are always a plus.

Well Pumaspeed only accepts GBP, so the total cost including shipping from Pumaspeed is actually GBP1223.95. Their currency converter is very outdated, and is using an exchange rate of GBPUSD 1.22. The current rate is 1.30 (as of typing this post) so in USD that comes out to $1,682.14.

So my calculations were off due to currency movements and Pumaspeeds out-of-date exchange rate on their website.

The total cost of the Pumaspeed package is $1,982 while Stratified remains at $2,250.

Use a credit card to pay for it if you use Pumaspeed. They usually give very fair rates and you don't have to do anything yourself.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stratified uses the Ap3 to tune the vehicle....they have you record some driving around....then you send them the file and they fine tune it for you and send it back to be uploaded into your Ap3....šŸ–’

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #77
Well Pumaspeed only accepts GBP, so the total cost including shipping from Pumaspeed is actually GBP1223.95. Their currency converter is very outdated, and is using an exchange rate of GBPUSD 1.22. The current rate is 1.30 (as of typing this post) so in USD that comes out to $1,682.14.

So my calculations were off due to currency movements and Pumaspeeds out-of-date exchange rate on their website.

The total cost of the Pumaspeed package is $1,982 while Stratified remains at $2,250.

Use a credit card to pay for it if you use Pumaspeed. They usually give very fair rates and you don't have to do anything yourself.
A few corrections here. The big turbo tunes from us are $300. Also we don't charge to ship the kits to the US.

As you noted puma only accepts pounds as payment. Going through PayPal or through a credit card will give you a very different exchange rate than Google.

I urge anyone considering this to go through the entire process and make sure you know exactly what you are paying at the end of the day in USD as it can very easily be misleading.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So we're talking about a difference of about 200. I'd pay that to 1. support a US tuner and 2. not deal with customs delays and possible overseas shipping damage.

So we're talking about a difference of about 200. I'd pay that to 1. support a US tuner and 2. not deal with customs delays and possible overseas shipping damage.
Yes I'm all for supporting Stratified. I have purchased all my tunes through them and have had good experiences with them. I would use Stratified for a hybrid turbo regardless of where I purchase the hardware. And good point regarding shipping risk, but $200 to mitigate that is a little steep for my taste.

Also, I did not know tunes were $300 for big turbos, so thank you Stratified for correcting me.

I got GBP 1,293.95 (vs. your GBP 1,578) when I went through the checkout process. That includes shipping. Where is the extra 284 GBP coming from?