Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

I hate brine

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
A lot of you on here don't have to deal with this, but as soon as there is a threat of snow here, they brine and salt the roads like crazy!!!!

It snowed a few inches here over the weekend and now the roads are covered in salty white mess.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR [rant]

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thank goodness you don't drive the RS in that stuff.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #3
Thank goodness you don't drive the RS in that stuff.
This is the last winter I have the Escape...
The lease is up next January, than it's just myself and the RS all year.

meFiSTo

Maybe makes it worth buying a well-loved, not too rusty (perhaps out of area) Subaru every few years for winter drudgery where you are.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #5
Maybe makes it worth buying a well-loved, not too rusty (perhaps out of area) Subaru every few years for winter drudgery where you are.
I actually bought the RS so I could go down to just one car.... Having 2 cars has just gotten tiring. AND expensive.
I'm pretty meticulous about keeping the salt/brine to a minimum on the cars over winter.

LonestarRS

We had a little bit of snow down here in Texas last Thursday, don't think I can put up with it like you guys.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
We had a little bit of snow down here in Texas last Thursday, don't think I can put up with it like you guys.
Hey check that out!

I actually love the 4 seasons. It's a big reason I live where I do.
I just can't stand hoe they deal with it though.... let the roads go, learn how to drive in snow and hold on!!!

My 99 Audi A4 has been driven in all kinds of weather and at 169k doesn't show any real problems due to salt or brine... the local car wash has an an "undercarriage wash".

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
My 99 Audi A4 has been driven in all kinds of weather and at 169k doesn't show any real problems due to salt or brine... the local car wash has an an "undercarriage wash".
Cleaning the undercarriage is key.