Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

New RS Owner from Oregon/Washington

Cerberos

New owner of a 2018 NB RS and thought it was time to introduce myself and quit lurking.

So here it goes; Hi my name is Shawn and I split my time between Portland, OR, San Jose, CA and Trout Lake, WA. The drive between Portland and Trout Lake can be a bit dicey during the winter months so I wanted something with AWD. However, the summer months around Trout Lake and Mt. Adams provide for some exceptional drives. The RS seemed to fit both objectives.

Truly looking forward to setting up this car to meet my specific needs and seeing what it can do. It will see some occasional track time, mostly just to get used to the handling characteristics of the car and to shake-out the inevitable mod or two. The RS will be a toy of sorts and not a daily driver.

I've had some time to peruse the Forum and I'm amazed at the wealth of information that is available.

Thanks,

Shawn

meFiSTo

Welcome to our cohort of proud PNW RS owners. Hope to see around some time. A couple of us take our cars to occasional track days. Maybe see you at one of those. Portland is, personally, my favorite venue up here although I like The Ridge as well.

OP
C

Cerberos

Thread Starter #5
Welcome to our cohort of proud PNW RS owners. Hope to see around some time. A couple of us take our cars to occasional track days. Maybe see you at one of those. Portland is, personally, my favorite venue up here although I like The Ridge as well.
I used to be a regular track rat at Portland and I'm looking forward putting the RS through it's paces this summer.

meFiSTo

I used to be a regular track rat at Portland and I'm looking forward putting the RS through it's paces this summer.
Awesome. The Ridge is only about 2.25 hours from Portland (depending), which is much like the trip from my location near Seattle. You should check it out.

In any event, maybe we can coordinate meeting up an event. I know that Alex will be driving his RS at a number of events going forward, so at the least maybe you'll see his car as well. I have not seen RSes at every event, but 1 or 2 is not unusual.

OP
C

Cerberos

Thread Starter #7
Awesome. The Ridge is only about 2.25 hours from Portland (depending), which is much like the trip from my location near Seattle. You should check it out.

In any event, maybe we can coordinate meeting up an event. I know that Alex will be driving his RS at a number of events going forward, so at the least maybe you'll see his car as well. I have not seen RSes at every event, but 1 or 2 is not unusual.
I would enjoy that and will keep an eye on events come this spring at Ridge Motorsports along with PIR.