Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Reliability of the Mountune 2.3L shortblock

Hi all,

I have picked up a new Mountune shortblock for a cracking price near to where I live. It is sleeved but as it is built on the 2.3 open deck block, should I be nervous about tuning to the advertised 500hp Mountune state the set up can sustain reliably? I have an NX2, aux fuel and meth on my current stock long block and that has been solid as a rock on 400-410hp. Has anyone else heard of these blocks cracking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi all,

I have picked up a new Mountune shortblock for a cracking price near to where I live. It is sleeved but as it is built on the 2.3 open deck block, should I be nervous about tuning to the advertised 500hp Mountune state the set up can sustain reliably? I have an NX2, aux fuel and meth on my current stock long block and that has been solid as a rock on 400-410hp. Has anyone else heard of these blocks cracking?

No but I guess you will be the one to find out for us all! Good luck and God speed!

OP
W
Thread Starter #3
No but I guess you will be the one to find out for us all! Good luck and God speed!
Haha - thanks! Have done some more homework and the consensus from Mountune, Tuned by Nishan and the Goddess of the RS - Jessica Livernois - is that the block is strong AF. I think I will be good for 500-550 wheel safely