Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

RS500 replica at Portland track day

meFiSTo

I figured you few folks here might appreciate these photos of an RS500 replica spotted in the paddock at Portland International Raceway last Friday. The owner apparently JUST finished bolting the thing together the day before so I doubt he raced it with his vintage buddies last weekend. He did do a paddock lap with it though. Someone on the other forum suggested it is a modified xr4ti body. That would make sense, of course.

It was another fun day at the track, but I'm going to spend some time investigating steering and PTU/RDU cooling options.

Apparently Mishimoto has done some research regarding an RDU cooler but I have not seen an actual product. The RSAA folks have done some simple ducting on their cars for steering and PDU cooling, although information about that is a little scattered. I'll hunt.