Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Shifter extension interest

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

Woods247

2000 Post Club
This setup feels perfect for me with the mountune short shifter + modified oem (boomba style) shifter made by greyfist.

Extension and reverse lockout are from Lathewerks and not cheap. I should’ve just bought a coolerworx but it feels great so oh well.

Big plus of the extension is you can use whatever knob you want and aren’t limited to reverse lockout knobs.

View attachment 48446
Lathewerx made my stainless extensions too. That guy is worth every penny. Your setup looks awesome.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The coolerworx is awesome but yeah it is a steep price, the thing I couldn't get past with the extensions is the reverse lockout being in such a weird place.
Agreed, as even though I like the aesthetics of Woods247's former setup, and dhminer's current setup, that reverse collar looks like it would be very awkward to use, especially if one had to reverse in a hurry/emergency situation.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Lathewerx made my stainless extensions too. That guy is worth every penny. Your setup looks awesome.
Thanks homie. Agreed it’s worth it. His stuff is impeccable.
Agreed, as even though I like the aesthetics of Woods247's former setup, and dhminer's current setup, that reverse collar looks like it would be very awkward to use, especially if one had to reverse in a hurry/emergency situation.
You’d think so, and this was a big worry of mine, but you get used to it real quick.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Stock shifter is too low, and too far forward in my opinion.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not so much. I can pop into reverse as quickly as I could in my M3 which required a push down.

Curious what exactly people don’t like about the bend in the Boomba lever. I didn’t like how far away the stock shifter was for me going into 3rd and 5th. The Boomba seemed to fix that.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Curious what exactly people don’t like about the bend in the Boomba lever. I didn’t like how far away the stock shifter was for me going into 3rd and 5th. The Boomba seemed to fix that.
I didn’t even know about that.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’m tall. It made the reach/location awkward for me.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I don’t care for a short throw shifter, I would love a screw on angled extension to bring the shifter a little closer.

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Any movement on this? I'd pick one up if it were in black/grey/orange... if only offered in silver, I'd still put down for one

OP
J
Thread Starter #38
I kinda scrapped the idea, cause there didn't seem to be much interest. Although, I am running one on my personal car, lol.

If we can get 10 people interested, I can certainly get a batch made up.

I just got my fiesta and would like to extend the lever around 1.5-2” but retain the OEM carbon performance gear knob

does anyone know the dimensions I would require to have one made or know of one for sale in the U.K.?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I just got my fiesta and would like to extend the lever around 1.5-2” but retain the OEM carbon performance gear knob

does anyone know the dimensions I would require to have one made or know of one for sale in the U.K.?
I used to run a Lathewerks 2” extension. Shipping overseas probably expensive, but it’s titanium and extremely well made. The OEM knobs look real weird on it though because the reverse lockout is no longer needed on the knob itself.