Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Thanks for all your help Ron!

Trader history for its_stock (0)

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
So I have been on the fence about purchasing the TT S280 Kit from Whoosh Motorsports. To be honest I kept placing it in the shopping cart proceeding to Shipping, then backing out of the purchases. For whatever reason, I just couldn't justify the $49.00 for shipping cost and would back out.

Yesterday, I did the same thing again. Placed the turbo kit in the cart went to check out and bailed when the shipping came up. But this time I decided to ask Ron why he is charging shipping for this item when some other stateside vendors have free shipping. He explained to me he is the only importer of this kit in the USA. Other vendors are also buying from him. This is where things got really cool. Ron responded to my request and said "go try again" so off I went. Opened the website, placed the turbo in the cart, and checked out. This time when I got to the shipping page instead of the usual "$49.00" that caused me to back out it said "FREE SHIPPING". I thought to myself "Wow free shipping" heck yeah, no more reason to procrastinate on this purchase. I am now 31 in a very long queue to get a TT S280 kit for my fiesta.

The moral of this story is Ron is awesome! He didn’t hesitate to resolve my issue helping me move forward with the purchase of a new TT S280 kit.

This experience was so great I just wanted to share with others in the community.

Thank you Ron!

You bought a great turbo congrats from another S280 owner.
So I think I know the answer already to this question. I just don't want Ron to think I think his turbo is not worthy. But I have a whoosh hybrid sitting in a box brand new and I bought it before I knew anything about the S280. So my thoughts are before I install the whoosh hybrid that since I would be wanting more eventually especially with my fuel system upgrades. So is it best to list the whoosh on here with the tuneplus custom wastegate and just pull the trigger on the s280? I'm sure I'd be happy with the whoosh but I hear wheel spin struggles even with an LSD. Do you know anyone running the JB4 unit with an accessport? I believe you can setup boost by gear pretty nice with that setup. To bad they don't ship the JB4 units to socal I thought it would work when going through Ron but I think he sends the incoming orders to the vendor and they ship it out. That way he doesn't have billions tied up in unsold inventory. Sorry long message

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

OP
its_stock

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #5
But I have a whoosh hybrid sitting in a box brand new and I bought it before I knew anything about the S280.
I did the same thing. I've had a real great time with the woosh hybrid turbo my car definitely punches above its weight class. But due to heat generation here in Arizona on a small frame turbo I've decided to upgrade to the s280 to lower temps.
If you do end up putting the woosh hybrid on your car you will not regret it, its a great unit I'm saying this after 10,000 mi of experience. No regrets

oh heck yea ron is the man, clutch every.single.time.

In the Morning today, i bought the 1552 front cups and a Big Mouth from him.
I emailed him about not having a yellow flare option for the inlet, and within 10mins he said the same thing to me "try it again"
BOOM, yellow was up, and it was an instant buy.

Ill also gladly pay shipping for a vendor like this.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So I think I know the answer already to this question. I just don't want Ron to think I think his turbo is not worthy. But I have a whoosh hybrid sitting in a box brand new and I bought it before I knew anything about the S280. So my thoughts are before I install the whoosh hybrid that since I would be wanting more eventually especially with my fuel system upgrades. So is it best to list the whoosh on here with the tuneplus custom wastegate and just pull the trigger on the s280? I'm sure I'd be happy with the whoosh but I hear wheel spin struggles even with an LSD. Do you know anyone running the JB4 unit with an accessport? I believe you can setup boost by gear pretty nice with that setup. To bad they don't ship the JB4 units to socal I thought it would work when going through Ron but I think he sends the incoming orders to the vendor and they ship it out. That way he doesn't have billions tied up in unsold inventory. Sorry long message

Honestly keep the Turbosmart tuneplus wastegate if its 14lbs because you will need it for the S280. The stock s280 wastegate is meh.

Bought stuff off Ron a couple weeks ago, always answers any questions and shipping took a week to Canada. And any of my Canadian friends know it’s usually multiple weeks to get anything across the border.

OP
its_stock

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #9
Wow only a week to Canada? Ron must have driven to British Columbia to ship the package.

Wow only a week to Canada? Ron must have driven to British Columbia to ship the package.
got my brake pads delivered in a week and had to wait an additional week for my traction bar because the white was out of stock. And once that was shipped it also was delivered in a week.

How much do you want for your Whoosh Hybrid? :)

What's fair I know u want it for a deal and that's fine but it literally is in the box that Ron sent it in. Crazy thing is I don't know if I wanna wait 3 months for another turbo ahhh. But yeah it's the right move so yeah I'd be happy with a hundred off I still am paying on it lol so I'd go like 200 off what I paid and throw in a coating for your car if u are local or send u a bottle and install supplies if u are out of state. Let. Me know

What's fair I know u want it for a deal and that's fine but it literally is in the box that Ron sent it in. Crazy thing is I don't know if I wanna wait 3 months for another turbo ahhh. But yeah it's the right move so yeah I'd be happy with a hundred off I still am paying on it lol so I'd go like 200 off what I paid and throw in a coating for your car if u are local or send u a bottle and install supplies if u are out of state. Let. Me know

I'm located in Prescott, Arizona. I'm probably not more than 4hrs from you. Sending you a message!

Hey what do ya'll think about the whoosh exhaust Manny? I think it's the best offering next to going fully custom. Most only open the inlet Ron's does the whole thing. Anyone know if whoosh has them I stock right now. I guess I could ask Ron. But I feel like I message him too much he's like oh god it's Mahoney again another novel to read lol. U are the only on who feels that way Ron if your reading this. High five!

Lastly i mentioned this before any thoughts on the double sealed injectors versus the standard ones. Dare I mention the company over seas that Adam lives so much we all know who they are. But their case for their custom injectors is interesting. I know u move over one if the seals from the oem ones but is positioning the same. There is so little room for atomization that even a mil of movement forward or back would change the way the fuel is delivered. And with meth injection placement is key right so this would be the same or even more importsnt. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated party people. Cheers all

Honestly keep the Turbosmart tuneplus wastegate if its 14lbs because you will need it for the S280. The stock s280 wastegate is meh.
Hey my dude thanks for that advice cause I didn't even think about that. I'm not sure what psi wastegate adam sent me for the whoosh is it 11psi or 14psi I know it's his custom spring set for that turbo so I imagine his for the s280 is different. Maybe still a 14psi but different springs I would imagine. Let's set up u taking me for a spin when u are free. I'd greatly appreciate the opertunity wie can go so a wash together and i can install some new graphene I fused protective product. Let me know