Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Touch Up paint

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
How do you normally apply the paint?

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
Should have done clear bra lol.[poke]
Believe it or not I'm not a fan....

I see way too many where the one of the clear bra is too obvious and there's a line of dirt.
Also, once the clear bra starts getting beat up it looks terrible. I've detailed cars with them and the rest of the car looks fantastic and the front end looks horrible due to the clear bra being pitted up.
I also hardly do any highway driving so I'm not getting blasted on my daily commuting.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Ah, glad you asked.....

For smaler, little rock chips I use a toothpick.
That's what I was told before too, but never really tried. Do you wait until it dries and apply multiple coats?

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #11
That's what I was told before too, but never really tried. Do you wait until it dries and apply multiple coats?
Yes, I usually wait 12-24 hours between coats. Really give it time to dry. If I wet sand the area after I wait a full week for it to set.
But normally with the little bit that I apply with the toothpick it's not necessary.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Yes, I usually wait 12-24 hours between coats. Really give it time to dry. If I wet sand the area after I wait a full week for it to set.
But normally with the little bit that I apply with the toothpick it's not necessary.
Ok great let me know how it goes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KillJenn New Member Introduction 4