Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Velossa Tech - Memorial Day Sale!!

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

Spork1569

Anyone running the big mouth with a ST200 airbox? Just ordered one and I'm tempted by the look as well as the increase in air, but wondering if it would be redundant due to the feed hose on that airbox.

Spork1569

What's that mean in English please?
Those are the generations of Fiesta ST we got here in the United States. In Europe they switched over to the MK8 3 banger engine recently whereas the US spec stayed MK7.5 until the end of production.

Those are the generations of Fiesta ST we got here in the United States. In Europe they switched over to the MK8 3 banger engine recently whereas the US spec stayed MK7.5 until the end of production.
Mine's an '18, I live in America. I've seen other people talking about different MK numbers, never understood what they were talking about. So a VT big mouth will fit on my '18 ST? On my E30 tuning, it seems like it might be running out of air, seems like it should run a bit better than it does, doesn't pull nearly as strong as my '17 Focus ST did, and I did have your VT big mouth on that.

Spork1569

Mine's an '18, I live in America. I've seen other people talking about different MK numbers, never understood what they were talking about. So a VT big mouth will fit on my '18 ST? On my E30 tuning, it seems like it might be running out of air, seems like it should run a bit better than it does, doesn't pull nearly as strong as my '17 Focus ST did, and I did have your VT big mouth on that.
Yeah so yours is a MK7. 5 since it was US spec,in which case the big mouth should fit.

Our turbo is pretty small and full of torque(but lower on HP) on this car so it may take a turbo swap if you want it to pull as hard as the Focus ST. The stock turbo is basically 90% maxed out with an intercooler and good e30 tune.

The big mouth will definitely net some gains and sweet intake noises, but most bolt ons add peanuts to the stock turbo compared to the IC/tune.

An interesting thread to look for is Dizzy's intake testing where he dynoed the car with and without a lot of major intake mods that are available. The conclusion was basically that while most do add some bit of power or torque, it's up to you to decide if the cost is worth the small gains some put out.