Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

anticon

I have a GFB DV+ installed on my turbo, and I am getting some continuous venting under low load. Like if I am going up a long steep hill, or just light acceleration under boost, the diverter valve releases boost pressure early and can do it for much longer than the regular quick vent. I had the same DV+ on my stock turbo and was tuned and it didn't do this. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation. I was told that it is due to the turbo flowing more air, and that a mechanical valve on the charge pipe would clear it up. Thanks for any input.

I have a GFB DV+ installed on my turbo, and I am getting some continuous venting under low load. Like if I am going up a long steep hill, or just light acceleration under boost, the diverter valve releases boost pressure early and can do it for much longer than the regular quick vent. I had the same DV+ on my stock turbo and was tuned and it didn't do this. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation. I was told that it is due to the turbo flowing more air, and that a mechanical valve on the charge pipe would clear it up. Thanks for any input.
Man that’s nothing new with hybrid turbos they tend to bleed out boost under light load, mines always done it, more than likely the result of retaining an internal stock style wastegate

ignore it you’re fine

anticon

Man that’s nothing new with hybrid turbos they tend to bleed out boost under light load, mines always done it, more than likely the result of retaining an internal stock style wastegate

ignore it you’re fine
I sent a log back to my tuner. He seems to have fixed it.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Here is a direct comparison of my max effort 29psi whoosh setup on aux fuel vs my buddies s280 build with a tubular manifold and full fuel system. On 93 it’s kinda of a wash but on corn he got me beat by alot
Blue line is whoosh
That graph is 93 or E30?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Here is a direct comparison of my max effort 29psi whoosh setup on aux fuel vs my buddies s280 build with a tubular manifold and full fuel system. On 93 it’s kinda of a wash but on corn he got me beat by alot
Blue line is whoosh
His pull starts later than yours he needs to go back and do another pull starting at 2500 rpm for it to be an accurate comparison otherwise its just not and its useless data.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
For those with whoosh hybrids installed, which wastegate did you go with and what preload did you set it at (3mm or 4mm or other)?

I went with Tune+ ts wastegate and set 4mm preload which was what is suggested on his website.

Rozmoney

Blue line is whoosh
What's going on with your whoosh not hitting peak torque until 4100 RPM? I thought other dynos I've seen have it peak closer to 3400.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
2nd revision came in today. Currently tuning 93 but looking forward to E30 immediately after. This thing definitely whistles. I even went with an airtec turbo elbow which comes with a gasket. I'm a little teapot...

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I think I got the VDyno dialed in better, trimmed out that spike at the end there where redline limiter dumps. Someone told me what smoothing was best but I forgot already. Scratching my head trying to think what I might of did on the blue pull to have it fall off a little. I want to try and find out what a more accurate wheel diameter is for my set up 215/40/17 Dunlop Direzza ZIII

*edit-found the Direzza info on Tire rack

Attachments

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Will post up fresh vdyno of final 93 revision, one benefit is my gas mileage has gone up about a mile per gallon and that's not taking it easy at all. Pretty neat while 2nd will completely smoke the tires if I let it.

A little worried I wont be able to datalog E30 in 3rd gear due to wheel spin. The thought of doing it in 4th...id prefer not to unless I can find a much safer or off road place to do it

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Will post up fresh vdyno of final 93 revision, one benefit is my gas mileage has gone up about a mile per gallon and that's not taking it easy at all. Pretty neat while 2nd will completely smoke the tires if I let it.

A little worried I wont be able to datalog E30 in 3rd gear due to wheel spin. The thought of doing it in 4th...id prefer not to unless I can find a much safer or off road place to do it
Final revision. I looked up the curb weight of the 2019 and weighed myself, adjusted the wheel diameter to match. I am liking it. Thought torque would be higher BUT E30 is about to begin and I will get some torque there :whistle:

Attachments

Final revision. I looked up the curb weight of the 2019 and weighed myself, adjusted the wheel diameter to match. I am liking it. Thought torque would be higher BUT E30 is about to begin and I will get some torque there :whistle:
Hey how did the E30 tune go? Were you able to get 3rd gear logs or did you have to go to 4th?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Hey how did the E30 tune go? Were you able to get 3rd gear logs or did you have to go to 4th?
Yes 3rd gear was doable once the tires were warm. I ran out of fuel at the top end on E30 and didnt even get a revision for it. Just advised we'd be staying with the initial tune and injectors would be needed for more. Its def stronger. On Edyno torque was the same and HP was up by 10. I imagine that those numbers arent accurate as I know torque is higher by feel.

Yes 3rd gear was doable once the tires were warm. I ran out of fuel at the top end on E30 and didnt even get a revision for it. Just advised we'd be staying with the initial tune and injectors would be needed for more. Its def stronger. On Edyno torque was the same and HP was up by 10. I imagine that those numbers arent accurate as I know torque is higher by feel.
Cool. I'm working on the 93 tune and will do the E30 right after. It's been taking some time in between revisions so I grow more curious every day as to what I should expect.. who did you tune with?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Cool. I'm working on the 93 tune and will do the E30 right after. It's been taking some time in between revisions so I grow more curious every day as to what I should expect.. who did you tune with?
Tune+. I bought his lifetime tune back before they got rid of it and got grandfathered in.