Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Intercooler Boost Hose kits HAVE ARRIVED! Pics inside!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #21
Ordered .... Thanks again Ron.....I know it's a niche market here but your type of business gives me hope that these Fiestas will keep moving forward!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you!!! - shipping this morning![lovest]

XanRules

What's the benefit of the aftermarket hoses? I'm not used to these needing an upgrade on cars I've owned in the past, are the stock ones particularly crappy?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
What's the benefit of the aftermarket hoses? I'm not used to these needing an upgrade on cars I've owned in the past, are the stock ones particularly crappy?
not really
And I wouldn't say this is a must do either
Some owners will do fine with the OEM rubber hoses and clamps yet there are many reports of OEM hoses popping off after increasing boost levels so improving the hose quality and clamps are an easy way to eliminate these issues.

Installing Multi Layer silicone hoses with T-Bolt clamps is also a great compliment when installing an upgraded intercooler.

This mod doesn't break the bank and solves some simple issues.
They look great too! [loveboost]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Finally got them on. Does anyone els get alot of induction noise after install? Sounds like a boost leak but ap says 21.47 psi. You figure with a leak it could not get that high on a ots stg 3 tune. Only makes the loud sound after about 15 psi.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Now this morning I broke 22 psi. I have never done that before. I will get a vid and post it. Btw it is a very nice quality kit! You can tell when looking at the hoses side by side. Looks like they will outlast every other hose on the car haha.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Now this morning I broke 22 psi. I have never done that before. I will get a vid and post it. Btw it is a very nice quality kit! You can tell when looking at the hoses side by side. Looks like they will outlast every other hose on the car haha.

The Cobb ots stg3 tune is set to 22.5 psi so you should be seeing 22+ quite regularly

I'm probably gonna live on the website this week, refreshing, waiting for the clamps to be in stock. Yes, I might have a problem lol.

clamp kits are here
anyone that is owed a clamp kit....it's on the way!
USPS Priority Mail.....

The 2 hose clamps that go on the intercooler were maxed out for me before they got very tight on the intercooler Barb so I had to reuse the old ones..I did buy an older kit BNIB from another forum member though so maybe this problem had been fixed but just an FYI