Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Whoosh Motorsports wing risers INSTALLED with pics

Trader history for 92FOX (0)

I'm getting ready to throw mine on, and I picked up some neoprene washers to dampen the vibration transfered through the wing. I'll let you know how it goes over time with those on there.

Hello I just received and installed the wing risers last night. Just wanna say y'all did a great job with the quality in the parts. My question is the holes for the third brake light and washer piping is quiet large. Are there any says to plug up those holes so I don't get too much water or dirt in there. I do alot of highway miles and don't wanna have to worry about it getting full of road dirt or water when I wash my car. Thanks.
I just ordered a bunch of rubber grommets in a set off amazon for like $10, find one that fits and your good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a bunch of rubber grommets in a set off amazon for like $10, find one that fits and your good to go

Any chance you could
Link the ones you bought

what was the size that ended up working the best? I’d rather just order the one and not have to get a whole set if/when I get a ring riser kit
Can’t remember off the top of my head but honestly for $10 I’d just get the whole set, these little grommets have come in handy more than a few times and it’s a good thing to just have around.

what was the size that ended up working the best? I’d rather just order the one and not have to get a whole set if/when I get a ring riser kit
Also I actually just removed my boomba risers and was thinking about selling them for around 50-60 on the forums so keep an eye out for that:)

Also I actually just removed my boomba risers and was thinking about selling them for around 50-60 on the forums so keep an eye out for that:)

What made you remove them?

What made you remove them?
Overtightened one side and it pulled itself and the screw off my wing, had to repair it with jb weld and decided I actually liked the stock look better personally. Not a fault in the product just me trying to rush the install and essentially force it into proper position.

Spork1569

Overtightened one side and it pulled itself and the screw off my wing, had to repair it with jb weld and decided I actually liked the stock look better personally. Not a fault in the product just me trying to rush the install and essentially force it into proper position.

Same happened with my velossatech risers. Broke off the bolt on the wing side from closing the hatch too hard and so I reverted to stock.

Same happened with my velossatech risers. Broke off the bolt on the wing side from closing the hatch too hard and so I reverted to stock.
Yeah you can’t see the area that got damaged and repaired now that Its stock but it’s just annoying knowing that it happened

there seems to be a lot of stories like this which might be why I haven’t installed mine yet. I really like the more aggressive look but I’m sort of scared. I got blue loctite like recommended. Did either of you use the Loctite during install

Spork1569

there seems to be a lot of stories like this which might be why I haven’t installed mine yet. I really like the more aggressive look but I’m sort of scared. I got blue loctite like recommended. Did either of you use the Loctite during install
Mine came with the car since it was used, but when I took them off I didn't see any loctite on the screws. I wouldn't advise against them as I did like the look, just recommend not slamming the hatch or maybe even placing a hand on the wing while you close it so that it doesn't vibrate the wing as much.

Hmm. I use my trunk 20+ times a day. Maybe I should see about some thin rubber bushings. Going to first car meet since college so wanted to do it before Wednesday.

Hmm. I use my trunk 20+ times a day. Maybe I should see about some thin rubber bushings. Going to first car meet since college so wanted to do it before Wednesday.
I didn’t use loctite but honestly I feel like this still would’ve eventually happened. The little holes that the screws go into on either side are held on by the very thin wing plastic. It wasnt designed to withstand being in a elevated positions where it doesn’t have any support for the surrounding area. Honestly I can’t remember what their called but there’s a UK brand that makes some much larger risers that I feel like would be much more secure and offer more support. I’ll see if I can find a picture

When I installed my risers I went to the hardware store and purchased neoprene washers to put in, top and bottom 8 total. I feel it should help cancel some of the vibration in the wing.