Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Winter is HERE!

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Had our first snow of the season here in the northeast.
Wasn't mentally ready.
At least I had already prepped the RS and put the snow shoes on (y)

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #3
Damn, you are another person I know with the whole week off!

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
I got today and Friday off too. It's supposed to be a half day today but I decided to work from home.;)

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
More snow coming this way next week maybe?

meFiSTo

Winter is creeping up on us in the PNW as well. We got hit with a little cold snap after a very mild and dry fall (made for some amazing fall colors for around here). I ordered some winter wheels and Blizzak's for my wife's new rig on Black Friday (pretty decent deal at Discount). When I called down to discuss bolting them on after they landed this week and -- oops EVERYONE was getting winters bolted up, new tires, etc. Discount cited a 3 hour wait. Eh. I landed at 7:56 a.m. this morning (opens at 8). There were a handful of folks waiting in their cars, but I was really second in. 30 minutes or so later: winter wheels on.

Wife is set for her monthly winter commute to Portland. No more worries about her 19-year-old Jeep GC. This new thing has every safety and (generally) comfort bell and whistle you could imagine for a "Limited" model. It's stylistically short of the "Overland" and well short of the "Trailhawk" offroad setup -- which are both beyond what we want/need, although in different usage dimensions. This thing has a 2.0 L turbo and drives more like a tall, slightly puffed-out, sport-compact hatchback to me. That's not a bad thing, being the owner of a Fiesta ST and Focus RS. There is a little lag on throttle demand, but it's got nice lift once you are accustomed to that. I am getting a Mopar tow-hitch receiver added for my hitch-mounted bike rack. So, it's really going to be a "bike hitch" more than a "tow hitch." No wiring harness added. I was quoted a 5-hour likely install time for that. Eh. I can't really imagine towing with this 2.0 L turbo setup, although it is technically rated for 4000 lbs.

View attachment 461

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
Very nice! I always love white, too.

meFiSTo

Very nice! I always love white, too.
Yeah. Lynne liked my RS in white so much, she got a white car too. She likes it for being more visible vs. our prior cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #11
Good luck with the New Cherokee. They are pretty sweet.