Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

You asked for it! Bronze 16x7 RPF1 Group Buy!

Trader history for OAKOS Automotive (0)

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #41
Would a +38 offset in a 16x8 not work? The Team Dynamics 15x8's are a +35 so I would think that would be fine, right?
That's the golden question that we don't have the answer to yet. It's tough to say, because the spoke/face design changes when you go wider with an RPF1. For example, for the Subaru market, the 17x8 +45 will fit and clear everything including BBK's no problem, as soon as you go to a 9" wide, you need a pretty big spacer to clear the brakes, and then you run into fender and suspension clearance issues. In that situation, we actually drop down to a 35mm offset and require a smaller spacer. There's a whole lot of variables other than offset.

-Nick
Oakos Automotive

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
While we have access to many wheel suppliers, we deal with Enkei directly. I doubt I have enough 'pull' with the other manufacturers to get something like that going. If we could convince anyone to make these wheels, it'd be Enkei. Team Dynamics may also be willing after they have finished their big move from the west coast to the east coast, though they wouldn't be able to offer anything similar to the RPF1 in terms of strength or weight, and they would likely be pretty close to what the RPF1's cost.

I'm sort of baffled at the lack of 16x8 offerings, from any manufacturer, although 4x108 is an odd ball lug pattern. I'm not completely up to speed with the Fiesta's current wheel offerings, is there anyone offering a 16x8? Nothing 'desirable' came up in my limited searching, other than some Rotas.

-Nick
Oakos Automotive
Have you heard anything concerning the whereabouts on the east coast TD is going to be headquartered??

I personally am not all that enamored of the RFP1's aesthetics, especially the short spoke length in the 15" & 16" sizes (although they are leaps and bounds better looking than the 6ULs to me), WHY I asked about the Rays/Volk/Weds/Works/etc.

IF I am paying that much coin for rollers, they had better be damn sweet looking (to me) AS WELL AS strong and somewhat light as well. ;)

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #43
Have you heard anything concerning the whereabouts on the east coast TD is going to be headquartered??

I personally am not all that enamored of the RFP1's aesthetics, especially the short spoke length in the 15" & 16" sizes (although they are leaps and bounds better looking than the 6ULs to me), WHY I asked about the Rays/Volk/Weds/Works/etc.

IF I am paying that much coin for rollers, they had better be damn sweet looking (to me) AS WELL AS strong and somewhat light as well. ;)
Team Dynamics is actually headquarted in the UK by a company called Rimstock. They are simply moving all of their US offices and inventory to the east coast, they weren't very specific. I'm sure I could find out. What I do know is that it's going to be nearly impossible to get wheel info from them until their move is complete. [?|]

The RPF1 is definitely not to everyones taste, but they are hard to beat in the cost and weight department. I personally think the Pro Race 1.2's or the Pro Race 3's would look awesome on these cars, but they are definitely not the lightest wheels out there. I'm not familiar with the 6UL.

As a HUGE Volk fan, I wish we dealt with them more. I can't be the only one who wants to see some 16x8 or 17x8 TE37's on these things! [pray]

-Nick
Oakos Automotive

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, I know where TD is WORLD HQed, and their parent company, I was asking about their USA/NA distribution HQs. [wink]

I have 17x8 Pro race 1.2s on my car as we speak, and I LOVE the way they look, and am more than willing, able, and happy to give up a couple of pounds/a few ounces for those aesthetics.
So far, they seem to be very strong wheels, given the road conditions here, and 40 series side walls, despite them not being manufactured with the trendy; flow formed, rotary spun, M.A.T., etc. manufacturing processes.
They ARE heat treated, and NOT made in mainland China (YES, I know that Enkeis and most of the other GREAT, high end, Asian made/sourced wheels are manufactured in Japan ONLY with draconian quality control measures in the process).

I currently have 16x8 Rota slipstreams 38offset. It rubs on the outside fender but way more then enough room on the inside!! I’m very interested in 16x8s rpf1s. Definitely don’t want a 38offset I want to run 225s. Can’t do that on my rotas.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #46
It's that time of the week again! We're only about a month and half out now!

Does anyone know anyone that has done the 4x100 RPF1s? or any 16x8s?

Sean
Oakos Automotive

It's that time of the week again! We're only about a month and half out now!

Does anyone know anyone that has done the 4x100 RPF1s? or any 16x8s?

Sean
Oakos Automotive
I’ve got 16x8s. Et38 will rub on the fenders so can’t use 225s. Stated this last comment

Gabe

What suspension and tires ? I find that hard to believe.
I had 2055016s a little stretched. On factory suspension and it was rubbing. ET38 have too much poke for factory fenders. Mine aren’t rolled or pulled or anything. And I don’t want to do that for a while. I’ve been disappointed in my rotas because of it. I want function.

Gabe

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #50
We may be limited to +38mm Offset as that is the only offset made in that size. New Lug pattern wheels have to be based off a wheel already in production, so the 38 offset may be an issue. Do you have pics showing the fender clearance?

Friday Bump! Have a great weekend everyone!

-Nick
Oakos Automotive

Don't "hate me" for a lane-change here to discussion on best tire size and brand/model to mount once the 16x7 RPF1's do arrive.. but since I'm on the list of Buyers actually getting the 7"-wide wheels and not bitchin' about a lack of 8" .... what are people going with here?

I'm pretty set on 205/45/16 Federal 595 rs-r. They have some pretty good reviews especially on our cars. The extra side wall should help with ride and I like the chunkier look. Plus, at under $100 a tire I figure they're worth a try.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
That would be great. What's your rim offset and suspension set up if you don't mind?

Run hs autocross so stock suspension and rims are 42 offset so damn near same as this group buy. My buddy has my old Rpf1s with same tire setup as me on his.

We may be limited to +38mm Offset as that is the only offset made in that size. New Lug pattern wheels have to be based off a wheel already in production, so the 38 offset may be an issue. Do you have pics showing the fender clearance?

Friday Bump! Have a great weekend everyone!

-Nick
Oakos Automotive
That sucks but I’ll send you the pictures I’ve got if you would like more details I’ll do the best I can just message me. Maybe we can arrange something a trip down.

Gabe

Last edited:

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
That sucks but I’ll send you the pictures I’ve got if you would like more details I’ll do the best I can just message me. Maybe we can arrange something a trip down.

Gabe

Imo that offset would be fine. Your just on too chunky of a tire for that size rim. 45-50 series is much more proper.

Imo that offset would be fine. Your just on too chunky of a tire for that size rim. 45-50 series is much more proper.
Sorry for the disappointment but those are 2055016s... and they rubbed on bad Philly streets on factory suspension. And stretched!! Not a fan of stretched but I had no choice.

Gabe