Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

2J Borg Warner EFR Turbo Kit

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Pumaspeed is a v-band clamp. You'd still need an adapter as the EFR is T25. Is that correct?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Pumaspeed is a v-band clamp. You'd still need an adapter as the EFR is T25. Is that correct?
I was refering to the oem stock replacement one. They claim 12-17hp gains. The T-28 one has a V-band which you can order your turbo with, and the efr has the available I THINK AS WELL

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
2J, any words? I'm trying to be patient but the GT2554R or GT2860RS are calling my name. What kind of numbers/power band are we expecting? Any similar vehicle I can look at for reference only?

Edit- Ok, so after some poking around on the 'net, I've found enough info to help me cool my britches a bit. Seems like for the price point, the EFR w/a manifold will be a much better deal for a few more hundred than ATPs GTX----. It's just so frustrating to wait. Would expecting to spend $2.6k be optimistic?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
2J, any words? I'm trying to be patient but the GT2554R or GT2860RS are calling my name. What kind of numbers/power band are we expecting? Any similar vehicle I can look at for reference only?

Edit- Ok, so after some poking around on the 'net, I've found enough info to help me cool my britches a bit. Seems like for the price point, the EFR w/a manifold will be a much better deal for a few more hundred than ATPs GTX----. It's just so frustrating to wait. Would expecting to spend $2.6k be optimistic?
So what did you find that cooled your Jets ??

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So what did you find that cooled your Jets ??
Well, I found this. A 1.5L Mitsu on E70 made 348 hp on it. A STI made 432 whp on it... All-round it seems to make better numbers at less cost. It also seems to me that by comparison a lot the dynos I found (googled EFR 6258 dyno) are similar to the GT2554R, except the EFR can make more power; much more bang for the buck. However, during the search I've noted only a few complaints about build quality.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Remember, the higher the peak horsepower output the later the delivery. If you are going for over 300hp on these tiny engines don't expect much down low. Then again if you set your sights realistically for 265 or so it will come on earlier and will be streetable.

This is not a drag queen platform so a large turbo that doesn't make usable boost until 5000 RPM will be a chore to drive.

My 1.8t Passat with a K04 upgrade was a bit like this with nothing below 3k and then wheelspin.

I drove an XR4Ti with a T04 and it was awful. Full boost wasn't until 5000 and it was weak down low. The engine redlined at 7000 or so so the power, although strong, wasn't very usable.

Just my word of caution...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
My understanding is that paired with the new manifold, this set up aims to relieve that a bit.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
265 - 270 hp is my goal. I would settle for 250 even. Im not turbo building savy so where ever i can get the best all in one set up has my money. Unless someone near by could help me out if nreded

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I just told my friend with a focus ST that my car with 250whp would be bat-crap crazy, so maybe he had better ride in a 300whp focus ST before deciding he needs 380whp.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Who's making 380 ?
Silverstar something on the focus st forum. Big gtx turbo. Couple other guys in the same area :)

This is a focus ST we're talking about that he owns.

Just... Coming from a much more powerful fwd car (SRT4), I'm not so sure I want a 350+whp fwd car again. That car was perfect for what it was meant for, but... The fiesta and I think the focus/ms3 also have a different purpose. Don't get me wrong, the srt4 could and would tear up a road course too, but it was all about brut force. The fist/fost/MS3 to me have a "GTi" type feel to them. Where running low 13's or high 12's in a great feeling/driving car is better than running 11.9 in a sledge hammer. So I say... Approach your HP goals cautiously guys.