Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST BOV adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

An M6 apparently uses a 5mm allen wrench.

You would think M5 = 5mm....but no.

I just found this out yesterday myself.....
I did the same thing lol, knew exactly what I had forgotten though and fixed it!
Yep. I was less than a block from home when I heard R2D2 yelling at me. I pulled over to think things through, and instantly jumped to my oops! Today just wasn't one of my better days. Lol!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #242
An M6 apparently uses a 5mm allen wrench.

You would think M5 = 5mm....but no.

I just found this out yesterday myself.....
This particular M6 size screw uses a 5mm Allen head, go figure lol.

Holy cats was that an awkward install! No fault to Boomba, it's just a tight fit in there. The adapter is a beautiful example of craftsmanship. I also learned my lesson about diving right into the install as soon as I got home. I may have forgot that the turbo stays a bit hot for awhile! Sounds great though!

One minor note for other morons like me that had a long, stressful day and aren't focused on the task at hand... After the install, if the first gentle rev unleashes R2D2 noises from the turbo, you forgot to plug the wire harness back in! Yes, I did that. Seems I caught a case of the stupids today.
Not going to lie, definitely chuckled a little at the "R2D2" sound comment. I know exactly what you meant by that lol.

Glad to hear you got it installed and are enjoying the product!

Well.....I went over to my friend's shop to inquire about using his lift.
A couple of the girls and a guy at the shop and I were talking.....so I got their opinion.....and the all three said to keep the bov adapter on......they liked it with the sound!

So.....whatever the girls like!!!

Thanks for the info!

I was at an Ace Hardware yesterday checking to see what they had......and my assumptions were pretty close.......I fugured about 3/4"-1" (20-25mm)....... M6 had the 5mm hex head.......they only had metrics in steel though, no stainless or zinc that I saw..... and I wasn't sure of the thread pitch.

Thanks again......heading out to Lowes or HD maybe later today.
Hey i need he stock bolts back to, looking for a little help did you find a good set at the store?

The BOV adapter was a very easy install and been enjoying it. but i got a new IC with a BOV so need stock bolts back and i tossed them to the wind...oops.

Yep....my Ace Hardware only had steel, Lowes had Stainless Steel which is hopefully corrosion resistant enough.
Though they had a lot of zinc plated bolts, I didn't find these in zinc.

So I did install the boomba spacer and I am LOVING IT!!! One weird little thing I noticed is if I try to keep it quite and not blow off at all in 1st when I go into 2nd and start accerlerating it makes a crazy constant blowing sound for about a second then disappears. It's pretty weird. It doesn't affect anything but just seems super strange. Only does it when I go into 2nd. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #247
So I did install the boomba spacer and I am LOVING IT!!! One weird little thing I noticed is if I try to keep it quite and not blow off at all in 1st when I go into 2nd and start accerlerating it makes a crazy constant blowing sound for about a second then disappears. It's pretty weird. It doesn't affect anything but just seems super strange. Only does it when I go into 2nd. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!
If you are referring to a hissing noise, to be honest, it sounds pretty normal based on what we've seen and experienced with these pieces. If it is making a "hissing" noise and goes away as soon as you hit the gas, it is perfectly normal. The reason it makes noises like that is because the valve is electronically controlled and is metered by the ECU via a solenoid, not purely by a vacuum source; this causes some noises like what you're experiencing. As long as the three screws are tightened properly on our BOV and the o rings are still in place, you are good to go. The car made this noise before, but you would never hear it due to the fact that it would be venting to intake rather than atmosphere. Since the turbos on these cars are so small, they are known to vent even when not making boost.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #248
Yep....my Ace Hardware only had steel, Lowes had Stainless Steel which is hopefully corrosion resistant enough.
Though they had a lot of zinc plated bolts, I didn't find these in zinc.
Stainless should be fine, as well!

If you are referring to a hissing noise, to be honest, it sounds pretty normal based on what we've seen and experienced with these pieces. If it is making a "hissing" noise and goes away as soon as you hit the gas, it is perfectly normal. The reason it makes noises like that is because the valve is electronically controlled and is metered by the ECU via a solenoid, not purely by a vacuum source; this causes some noises like what you're experiencing. As long as the three screws are tightened properly on our BOV and the o rings are still in place, you are good to go. The car made this noise before, but you would never hear it due to the fact that it would be venting to intake rather than atmosphere. Since the turbos on these cars are so small, they are known to vent even when not making boost.
Wow you hit that right on the money. Thank you. I figured it was just a common vent. Loving the product keep up the awesome work!

I have one of these on my wife's 2016 Fusion 1.5L and she is tired of sounding like "a bus". Is this part interchangeable? And I get excess oil build up on this adapter on my Fusion, assuming this part is interchangeable, is excess oil build up on the turbo something to worry about? It's not a big deal on my Fusion as I spray it off on oil changes. Thanks in advance.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #252
I have one of these on my wife's 2016 Fusion 1.5L and she is tired of sounding like "a bus". Is this part interchangeable? And I get excess oil build up on this adapter on my Fusion, assuming this part is interchangeable, is excess oil build up on the turbo something to worry about? It's not a big deal on my Fusion as I spray it off on oil changes. Thanks in advance.
Hey there! This part is interchangeable between the Fusion 1.5 and Fiesta ST. The location is different, however. The oil on the adapter is normal. This is due to the car being direct injection and there being blow-by in the system. Since it is venting air to atmosphere, the air will naturally be a little oily.

To the people who installed this. Did you get to the bov from under the car or did you go through the passenger wheel well?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #255
To the people who installed this. Did you get to the bov from under the car or did you go through the passenger wheel well?
Removing the passenger wheel and going through the wheel well is going to be your best bet at accessing the piece.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #257
Passenger wheel well is definitely the best option. I had to do mine from under the car and it took sooo much longer than i expected. Mostly because there is no space for tools longer than ~5 inches. just no space in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITaPmQ1pNes

^^ before and after sound clips plus install time-lapse.
Sweet video you made there! Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Viau

Any tops in how to install without the long 5mm allen key! Cant find it anywhere

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Any tops in how to install without the long 5mm allen key! Cant find it anywhere
You don't need a very long one the 1" socket types worked for me when installing the DV+ (same install). I had 8" longs which are too long LOL. Worse case get a cheap set of hex keys cut the 5mm and use a 5mm socket (hot glue is helps to hold it but can be removed with pliers). so <$10 for a custom length.

Viau

Did it in 1 hour! The last bolt was a pain in the butt! However, it was worth it!!! The sound is amazing! About to show my wife! Wish me luck!! Lol