Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
They do look nice when done pity I have to close my hood to drive :)
I know!! Also makes me want to just leave the engine cover off, lol. Maybe when I get the cool hoses like yours! I'm planning on making an aluminum cover myself one of these days...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I know!! Also makes me want to just leave the engine cover off, lol. Maybe when I get the cool hoses like yours! I'm planning on making an aluminum cover myself one of these days...
I think I have reached that point and it will not be going back on for now.. Make a great bit of flair on the race trailer wall I think :)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I think I have reached that point and it will not be going back on for now.. Make a great bit of flair on the race trailer wall I think :)
Nice...I would love to see the cam cover on this car painted.mi bet it would look decent.

Ok so I went for a test drive, I noticed reduced power and my bov isn't making any noise. Immediately brought it back to the house. Any guesses to what I've done?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Ok so I went for a test drive, I noticed reduced power and my bov isn't making any noise. Immediately brought it back to the house. Any guesses to what I've done?
Do you hear any hissing/ leaks? Is everything tight and all connectors connected?

Blew off a boost hose. It's fixed now.

After the test run it definitely woke up third gear. Second does not feel as strong but possibly it's just because third feels so strong now.

I'm satisfied.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Blew off a boost hose. It's fixed now.

After the test run it definitely woke up third gear. Second does not feel as strong but possibly it's just because third feels so strong now.

I'm satisfied.
That will do it! Glad it was an easy fix.

Not ready for the manifold spacer yet. I feel like it won't be my baby after opening up that can of worms. I said I'd never bother with an intercooler, but it looks like I'm going to do that soon. I've had the car for under three months. Long way to go.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #239
Not ready for the manifold spacer yet. I feel like it won't be my baby after opening up that can of worms. I said I'd never bother with an intercooler, but it looks like I'm going to do that soon. I've had the car for under three months. Long way to go.
As I'm sure you've heard before, modding is an addiction!

Drove it to work today for the first time. It's a rocket from a roll now. Third gear coming off an off ramp wot will put you back in the seat.

Install isn't fun, and takes a while. But for the cost vs results I'm very pleased.