Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Wing Risers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

haste

1000 Post Club
Soooo, the bolts that came with my wing risers are now rusting. It looks nasty when I open the hatch. Has this issue been fixed with this new batch?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #203
Soooo, the bolts that came with my wing risers are now rusting. It looks nasty when I open the hatch. Has this issue been fixed with this new batch?
Shoot us an email to info@boombaracing.com and we'll get a new set of hardware sent out to you.

Most likely your screws are from an isolated batch that were not zinc plated. All hardware now is zinc plated and stainless and has been for over the last year.

Boomba Spoiler Riser Kit DIY Block-off Plate

Well, I got tired of looking at the gap that was created by installing these riser spacers. I was about to remove them, it was bothering me so much. I bought a spoiler on ebay from a Fiesta SE and modified it to fil the gap.
Before
1.JPG
I set the spoiler on top of my spoiler and measured the gap and put dots on the SE spoiler
2.JPG
Here is the spoiler cut out
3.JPG
4.JPG
Here is the insert installed.
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
Before and after
Before and After.JPG

It didn't turn out perfect, but did work. I ordered another spoiler from ebay and am going to try again for a cleaner look, and paint it.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Well, I got tired of looking at the gap that was created by installing these riser spacers. I was about to remove them, it was bothering me so much. I bought a spoiler on ebay from a Fiesta SE and modified it to fil the gap.

It didn't turn out perfect, but did work. I ordered another spoiler from ebay and am going to try again for a cleaner look, and paint it.
I... Actually like the dual color. When it's cleaner, a second color would be something special you could call your own. Plus, it'll be hard to color match, so might as well choose another color.

Before
View attachment 11367
I set the spoiler on top of my spoiler and measured the gap and put dots on the SE spoiler
View attachment 11368
Here is the spoiler cut out
View attachment 11369
View attachment 11370
Here is the insert installed.
View attachment 11371
View attachment 11372
View attachment 11373
View attachment 11374
Before and after
View attachment 11375

Can you give us a pic of the full profile of the car? Thanks!

Hey Boomba dudes, I suspect some people out there are copying your product. The price is suspiciously low and does not have your logo. Wanted to let you know in case there are any patent infringements or anything shady. There is another joker out there further down the page.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-BLACK-...ash=item4654158463:g:AF8AAOSwFdtXx3L0&vxp=mtr

jeff

2000 Post Club

Dude - PROPS! That will look great in grey. Dang that's awesome and so cool to see people doing stuff like this.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Dude - PROPS! That will look great in grey. Dang that's awesome and so cool to see people doing stuff like this.
And hey start your own thread once finished - it will get more visibility. I came upon this by accident.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
Hey Boomba dudes, I suspect some people out there are copying your product. The price is suspiciously low and does not have your logo. Wanted to let you know in case there are any patent infringements or anything shady. There is another joker out there further down the page.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-BLACK-...ash=item4654158463:g:AF8AAOSwFdtXx3L0&vxp=mtr
Thanks for the heads up! We've seen them before and unfortunately not much can be done about it. We hope people make the right decision and chose a product that is backed by people who actually stand behind the product rather than some company in China. I know that the pictures look a lot like ours, but I wonder what you actually get if you end up purchasing that kit. I'd worry about how sturdy they are and if they are waterproof. Things like this happen in the aftermarket industry every now and again.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the heads up! We've seen them before and unfortunately not much can be done about it. We hope people make the right decision and chose a product that is backed by people who actually stand behind the product rather than some company in China. I know that the pictures look a lot like ours, but I wonder what you actually get if you end up purchasing that kit. I'd worry about how sturdy they are and if they are waterproof. Things like this happen in the aftermarket industry every now and again.
x2

Plus they provide no instructions which makes one wonder if they actually have even tested the product.

BOOMBA FTW!!!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #214
x2

Plus they provide no instructions which makes one wonder if they actually have even tested the product.

BOOMBA FTW!!!
We had an employee "pretend" to be a customer and ask some questions. When we asked for an install guide, they linked us the BOOMBA ONE. Like really, guys? lol

Better contact them.

Btw, for the above comments on installation, Boomba does have an excellent install YouTube viddy. Step by step and tells you what kind of tools to have ready (which saved me lots of time). The accompanying music is pretty awful though. Hear that Boomba dudes? :D

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #217
Does Boomba sell the mounting hardware separately? Got some risers, but I'm missing some hardware.
Shoot us an email to info@boombaracing.com and we'll get you handled!

Better contact them.

Btw, for the above comments on installation, Boomba does have an excellent install YouTube viddy. Step by step and tells you what kind of tools to have better. The accompanying music is pretty awful though. Hear that Boomba dudes. :D
I'll have a talk with our media guy :D