Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Wing Risers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Just wanted to note that Boomba did contact me and provided replacement risers which are doing fine so I would not hesitate to recommend them.

I'm fully confident in the responses Boomba has provided in regards to the complaints and feel they handled it openly and professionally. I had actually planned to order mine on Tuesday night last day of the sale the post said but the code was already deactivated so maybe my time zone effed me.

Next sale I'll be getting some sexy black ones for my MO! And then following some others suggestions in regards to tweaking the overall finish.
I just got an email from Boomba, black friday/cyber monday specials -> 15% off all boomba racing brand products.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #166
Pick up a set now and take advantage of our Holiday Sale! Free beanie and bottle opener included when you use the code!

Installation issues

I purchased my wing risers back in January but am now just able to get around to the installation. As per the video I hand tightened the risers, did a test fit, then removed the wing to snug everything up, however the phillips screw on the last riser would not tighten at all, and as such I had to remove the whole wing until I find a solution.

To clarify the phillips head screw in question is the one that holds the wing riser to the wing itself.

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this issue?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #174
I purchased my wing risers back in January but am now just able to get around to the installation. As per the video I hand tightened the risers, did a test fit, then removed the wing to snug everything up, however the phillips screw on the last riser would not tighten at all, and as such I had to remove the whole wing until I find a solution.

To clarify the phillips head screw in question is the one that holds the wing riser to the wing itself.

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this issue?
I believe you should have gotten an email from us today in regards to this!

I believe you should have gotten an email from us today in regards to this!
I did and thanks for the email. I just haven't had time to respond until now.

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the issue, and since I solved it and everything is installed on the car I don't plan on a removal any time soon!

The area that gave me issues is circled in red below:

The phillips screw would not tighten down despite the other three tightening fine. When I removed the screw that was giving me trouble the first 1/4' or so had black plastic wrapped around the threads. Looking down inside the hole it looked like there may have been multiple "holes" in a black piece of plastic inside the wing. The only thing I can figure is that this was caused by the factory or by the window tint installer as they "had" to remove my wing to properly fit the 3M crystaline to my back window.

My solution was to use some BluFixx in the holes and then install the riser. The end result was a screw that was firmly in place, but still allowed the riser to rotate a bit. The rest of the install went fine and everything looks good although I will most likely be paranoid about it for a while!

On a side note I did have to buy a tap to chase the threads on two of the risers which didn't totally surprise me since others have had to do the same.

I do appreciate you responding though. Hopefully my situation/mistake/freak occurance can help others.

FistSt215

Just installed my wing risers with a buddy . Pretty simple took like 45 mins Image1465840190.138338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some before and after pictures with the riser kit. I hope they come out with a block off plate for the top gap. Before After 1.JPG Before After 2.JPG Before After 3.JPG IMG_3875.JPG IMG_3886 (2).JPG