Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Fiesta ST Brake Cooling Kit

Trader history for 15Fist3rST (0)

Yo, I see the Focus kits? when are we going to get the same love?

But really, any chance this is in the works?

Siestarider

CMB makes cooling inlets that replace stock dust shield, Have to work up your own air hoses, but they work great on track. I am still on OEM pads and original rotors, and braking is not limiting my track times. I do have a Quaife, which deserves part of the credit.

Soon! The fiesta will get the stage 1 kit.
It's hard to tell in the pictures. Where is the air outlet being located in relation to the brake rotor? Is it aimed in the general direction or does it fit tight against the hub to get air into the center of the rotor?

It's hard to tell in the pictures. Where is the air outlet being located in relation to the brake rotor? Is it aimed in the general direction or does it fit tight against the hub to get air into the center of the rotor?
The scoop is directing the air to the rotor. It is hard to tell from the picture since the shape of the duct changes in 3 dimensions. It really is a nice piece. You kind of have to hold one in your hand to understand.

Anyway, I made sure not to direct air at the rotor too aggresively. Meaning impingement. Impingement only works if the thickness of the metal object is low enough that there is not a very big through-thickness temperature gradient. At the same time, high impingement offers the most effect heat rejection. The stage 1 ducts are somewhere right in the middle, they offer great cooling without too much impingement which causes these huge gradients.

Our sponsored club out in Arizona has been running this kit for close to a year now. In fact they just requested I send them 3 more sets because some new members need the cooling. You have to track with them to appreciate how effective they are.

We are working on a kit, it's going to be very similar to the Focus ST stage 1 kit which is the go-to solution for that platform. If you track your car, you guys are going to love this!

10/10 Am interested.

I really like the look of the stage 2 kit for the Focus you have there Velossa. Keep us posted for what you come up with for our Fiestas!

I have the boomba ones and they do prolong the fade time in the one the twisty canyons called decker that I live by. Before they used to start to fade no later then half way through. The deflectors put it at about 3/4 the way down now. They require the dust shield being removed, and they direct bolt onto the sub frame supports.

Interested in a kit as well. Come spring, I can test these at Road America with sticky tires and track pads.
Looking forward to seeing what you guys can come up with!

Are you still planning on releasing a kit or has the project been scrapped? Seems to be a fair amount of interest from the community. I'm in south Florida if you need a car to test with....