Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Glue inside door causing waviness on the Focus RS panels

Are you having any issues with yours?
I haven't noticed anything. I have to wash mine, soon. I'll go at night so I can use the lights to look at the body panels while they are wet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
[MENTION=191]Rob76[/MENTION] love your avatar. I still crack up whenever I watch the video.

[video=youtube;EF8GhC-T_Mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo[/video]

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #25
I haven't noticed anything. I have to wash mine, soon. I'll go at night so I can use the lights to look at the body panels while they are wet.

I left a message with my advisor today, hopefully will get a call back soon.

[MENTION=191]Rob76[/MENTION] love your avatar. I still crack up whenever I watch the video.

[video=youtube;EF8GhC-T_Mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo[/video]
Hahaha. I make and inspect hoods at Chicago Stamping - my line mate and I constantly reference this video hahaha.

Alright. Hopefully there will be forward progress, this week.

To clear things up in my mind, should I assume the waviness of the door panels are inside on the vinyl or outside on the outer door skins? Either case, I haven't seen them on my car.

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #28
To clear things up in my mind, should I assume the waviness of the door panels are inside on the vinyl or outside on the outer door skins? Either case, I haven't seen them on my car.
Outter skin i.e. the sheetmetal.

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #29
I swear Ford dealers are terrible at customer service. I left two message with my service advisor and never heard back. Today I found out through the service manager that the advisor had left the dealer and they don't have any idea on my case.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
I swear Ford dealers are terrible at customer service. I left two message with my service advisor and never heard back. Today I found out through the service manager that the advisor had left the dealer and they don't have any idea on my case.
Oh man, I HATE when something likes this happens...
It's like your issue only existed with that one person.

Sadly it's not just Ford, it's all types of companies.