Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Loss of power in 1st gear

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Scotland has some great roads for the RS. Yes I thought Euro safety laws were stricter so not sure what was the problem with the seats in the US.
Have attached pic of seats in UK, although these were an expensive option
They are the more authentic Recaros than our "cushy" version. Both I'd take either. No idea why they don't pass, except for the lack of non-whiplash headrest.
I can imagine the roads are pretty fun.

FocusMike

We didnt get those Recaros here because it lacks the airbags. I do wish it was an option though.

This only happens on the first start in the morning. I reverse out of drive. When I start moving off in 1 st gear, and car gets to about 2000-2500 revs it just loses power, as if someone has applied the brake slightly. Then after this it moves away no problem and it wont happen again that day. It does not happen every day, but does happen regularly. Has anyone else had this issue? PLEASE HELP!!!
I've never experienced that but are you aware that certain parameters of engine performance are locked out until engine temperature reaches a set point?