Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hello. New member, but not a new owner.

I have questions that some of you may be able to answer. I have 2 FiSTs; a 16’, and a 17’. I’m looking at a Harvy FoRS, and wanted some opinions. It’s a 2016, and looks to be fully optioned for $28,199. It has 4,100 miles on it.

Here’s the link: https://www.myautosource.com/invent...d-focus-rs-awd-4d-hatchback-wf0dp3th7g4114660

Is it worth it? Would you risk it? I was thinking about trading in my 16’ FiST for it. Should I just keep my FiSTs and dump more money into them instead?

Also, I don’t know the status on the head-gasket whether it’s B, C, etc.

Thanks in advance!

~Seth

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Hey Seth, Zach here from the FiST forum. I'm willing to bet the gasket on that RS hasn't been fixed. Regardless I think you'll enjoy the FORS more over time. I know I am.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Hey Seth, Zach here from the FiST forum. I'm willing to bet the gasket on that RS hasn't been fixed. Regardless I think you'll enjoy the FORS more over time. I know I am.
Thanks for the reply, Zack! I’ve gotten a demo ride in a FoRS from one helluva driver, so I know what the FoRS is capable of, and I hear they seem to get more powerful after they break in a bit.

My only fear is that it may have other problems outside of a head gasket do to being a flood car.

At this price it’s hard to pass up on. I am considering a 2018 too, so I don’t know what I should do!

LonestarRS

Welcome [MENTION=276]Truth in Ruin[/MENTION] I just got my head gasket repairs done. If you have any specific questions let me know.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Welcome [MENTION=276]Truth in Ruin[/MENTION] I just got my head gasket repairs done. If you have any specific questions let me know.
Thanks for the offer, LonstarRS. I’m a little on edge getting involved with a vehicle that most likely needs head-gasket work, and even worse, flood damage that may become a problem later.

I’ve decided to let this FoRS go. I hope whoever ends up getting it has zero problems with flood aftermath.

I’m going to keep my eye out for a 2018. LSDs are good stuff :)

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Welcome!

I think you made the right decision, if not for the HG, mainly for the possible flood damage... that can really hide and creep up in the future.
A 2018 would be great.... no HG swap and an LSD.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Welcome!

I think you made the right decision, if not for the HG, mainly for the possible flood damage... that can really hide and creep up in the future.
A 2018 would be great.... no HG swap and an LSD.
Thank you, GhostRS. Since I’ve decided to abandon this RS, I’ve cooked up another plan. It looks like I’m going to trade my 2016 FiST for a new 2018... FiST LOL!

Hopefully next year I’ll trade my 2017 FiST in for a low mileage 2018 FoRS; then I’d have the last year of both FiST, and FoRS :)

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thank you, GhostRS. Since I’ve decided to abandon this RS, I’ve cooked up another plan. It looks like I’m going to trade my 2016 FiST for a new 2018... FiST LOL!

Hopefully next year I’ll trade my 2017 FiST in for a low mileage 2018 FoRS; then I’d have the last year of both FiST, and FoRS :)
Sounds like a solid plan!