Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Official Customer Satisfaction Program 17B32 Head Gasket Service Bulletin

Hi All,
New to the forum and a new (new to me) 2016 RS owner.
I've been doing the usual research and my VIN shows my vehicle as being affected by the gasket problem.
After discussing with my dealership this AM they claim that the "repairs" will only be done once it becomes an issue.
I interpret Ford's response as repairing all affected vehicles, regardless if the issue appears to be present or not.
Am I wrong or is the dealership wrong? Anyone have any experience with this?

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #102
Hi All,
New to the forum and a new (new to me) 2016 RS owner.
I've been doing the usual research and my VIN shows my vehicle as being affected by the gasket problem.
After discussing with my dealership this AM they claim that the "repairs" will only be done once it becomes an issue.
I interpret Ford's response as repairing all affected vehicles, regardless if the issue appears to be present or not.
Am I wrong or is the dealership wrong? Anyone have any experience with this?
This is BS. You are required to make an appointment in a timely manner and have the pressure test done and bare minimum get the new head gasket. A "presenting problem" has nothing to do with it. In fact Ford wants you and all of us to get this completed BEFORE January 31, 2019.

Go to post #19 in this thread and download the documents I posted. Use them as reference.

If the dealership still gives you crap I highly suggest going somewhere else.

This is BS. You are required to make an appointment in a timely manner and have the pressure test done and bare minimum get the new head gasket. A "presenting problem" has nothing to do with it. In fact Ford wants you and all of us to get this completed BEFORE January 31, 2019.

Go to post #19 in this thread and download the documents I posted. Use them as reference.

If the dealership still gives you crap I highly suggest going somewhere else.
Thank you very much for your quick response. That's exactly what I was thinking.
I will download the documents and try my luck again. I'm already thinking of changing dealerships and think this may be the final push I needed.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #104
Thank you very much for your quick response. That's exactly what I was thinking.
I will download the documents and try my luck again. I'm already thinking of changing dealerships and think this may be the final push I needed.
Your welcome.

These are the American documents but I doubt they will be much different for you up there.

I am not going to the dealership I bought the car from to get this done... they were complete idiots. They had no clue what I was talking about and then tried telling me they couldn't guarantee a loaner even though the document states Ford is paying for one. So don't put up with anything. If you don't like their answer... go someplace else.

Good luck!

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #105
Evening gang!

Just heard from my service guy- RS passed the pressure test with flying colors.
He HOPES he will have the kit tomorrow morning and I could be back in the saddle by tomorrow evening [woot]

Will keep you all posted!

I also forgot to mention when I dropped it off I told them I was taking my engine cover with me. When I brought it in as I was finishing up paperwork for the loaner the service manager thought it was awesome and took a picture of it [thumb]

Evening gang!

Just heard from my service guy- RS passed the pressure test with flying colors.
He HOPES he will have the kit tomorrow morning and I could be back in the saddle by tomorrow evening [woot]

Will keep you all posted!

I also forgot to mention when I dropped it off I told them I was taking my engine cover with me. When I brought it in as I was finishing up paperwork for the loaner the service manager thought it was awesome and took a picture of it [thumb]
I should have removed the engine cover too lol. Can't believe my car has been at the dealer for a month.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #107
I should have removed the engine cover too lol. Can't believe my car has been at the dealer for a month.
I just didn’t want to risk them scratching it. I won’t take it off for normal maintenance, but since it will be there apart for a bit I decided it was easiest.

Wow, a month already? That stinks. I’m getting reports from all over the country... some get in and out fast, others they have been without their cars for 5+ weeks. It’s ridiculous. I hope you get yours back ASAP!

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #108
UPDATE:

Just got a call from the asst service manager... car is ready for pick up!

Not bad, dropped off Monday evening and finished Friday afternoon [rockon]

I hope everyone here has a smooth experience.

UPDATE TO POST:
Had a 20+ min drive home from the dealer.... all was good. Car felt exactly like it did when I dropped it off.

Also wanted to say my dealership and the assistant service manager were excellent... he called me at every point letting me know what was going on, he even asked if I wanted them to wash it before I got it back (which of course I said no thank you LOL).
When I did pick it up, he took me out to it... he had parked it away from everything in the back lot (nice) and popped the hood and showed me the engine, etc. It seemed like they took very good care of the car.

I'm completely happy with how it was handled.

Last edited:

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
That’s excellent Monica, guess it’s time for me to take mine in too.

LonestarRS

So I haven't heard back from the dealer in nearly a week, gave them a call this morning only to find out my service advisor has left the dealer lol. This has happened to me twice. Dealer is going to call me back in a few hours to give me an ETA.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #112
So I haven't heard back from the dealer in nearly a week, gave them a call this morning only to find out my service advisor has left the dealer lol. This has happened to me twice. Dealer is going to call me back in a few hours to give me an ETA.
That SUCKS!
Well I hope you get a good answer when they do call you back.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Appointment scheduled for Friday. Wish me luck guys.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Just dropped her off and was told I should hear back by Tuesday.

LonestarRS

Just picked up by Focus RS this morning, my baby has been neglected all month and looks like crap. Engine bay is a complete mess with coolant all over the place.

Covering the intake so I can give it a quick rinse.

Anyone know if there is a hose that's supposed to go here?