Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Removing Light Scratches on my Focus RS using Rubbing Compound

LonestarRS

I recently tried Mothers 08612 Professional Rubbing Compound and HD Speed All In One Polish/Sealant and the results came out great. Big thanks to [MENTION=132]GhostRS[/MENTION] for the product suggestion.

Products used:

I followed these steps for applying the Rubbing Compound.
[video=youtube;rIK3Dcg09gk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIK3Dcg09gk[/video]

For HD Speed All In One Polish/Sealant I followed these steps.
[video=youtube;Yn_VdNFUBFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn_VdNFUBFk[/video]
[video=youtube;AnrsLtDSzb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnrsLtDSzb4[/video]

Results from first round of polishing. You can see it removed a lot of the spider webbing and fine scratches.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Looks AWESOME [rockon]

Pick up some HD Poxy to put over the HD Speed and the protection lasts about 5 months.
You can find it on Amazon.

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #6
I was quite surprised how easy the HD Speed came off, should of used this products years ago haha.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
I actually ran home at lunch and washed off the RS... it was caked with salt and crud.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
[MENTION=132]GhostRS[/MENTION] what do you recommend for brake dust? Ive tried Meguiar's but it doesn't seem to work very well.
I really like Sonax Wheel Cleaner. You can get it on Amazon.
Honestly, I personally only use warm soapy water- I'm all about constant cleaning so it doesn't take more than that to get anything off them.
Also, I usually use wheel wax- helps TREMENDOUSLY with repelling brake dust and grime. You almost just have to rinse off your wheels.

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #12
I really like Sonax Wheel Cleaner. You can get it on Amazon.
Honestly, I personally only use warm soapy water- I'm all about constant cleaning so it doesn't take more than that to get anything off them.
Also, I usually use wheel wax- helps TREMENDOUSLY with repelling brake dust and grime. You almost just have to rinse off your wheels.
Thanks I'll give it a try too lol.

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #14
Hey this stuff works pretty good. Its pretty pricey so I may save this stuff for the days that it's super dirty.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yeah its the Sonax, how often do you use this stuff?
Anytime my wheels are bad.... or on my client's wheels.
But like I said before... I keep my wheels nice enough that on a regular basis so that I just have to use soapy water.