Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

ST200 Hose

Trader history for igtufit (0)

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
That's the hose that came with mine, it feels quality enough and now having gone in there a few times it seems pretty well protected from water.
Looks like a random hose they had lying around in the back. Was it that beat up when you got it?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I've had 2 orders in with them (one at the beginning of may and the other was may/june), one for their quick shift and the other for their induction box and cobb stage 1. both orders took roughly a week to get to me
For years dealing with them I've never had a good experience. Pretty disappointing for such a major company.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Overall I'm pleased with the tune and was able to get the airbox installed in like 45 min. I was wondering if the cloth style tube would help against hydrolock in the event there was some water I couldn't dodge.
That's the point of it. If you didn't get a porous hose, someone screwed up.

epilogue - mountune contacted me and stated: Thank you for your email and order. You did receive the correct part. We have made updates to the kit and no longer offer the cloth style hose. I guess that wraps up that mystery. Sorry for thread/forum hijacking, will be sure to check out Ron's store

kevinatfms

epilogue - mountune contacted me and stated: Thank you for your email and order. You did receive the correct part. We have made updates to the kit and no longer offer the cloth style hose. I guess that wraps up that mystery. Sorry for thread/forum hijacking, will be sure to check out Ron's store
I use 2.5" brake duct hosing for mine. Its significantly cheaper, had spiral wound wire within to reduce crushing it and lasts a LONG time.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Good luck trying to contact Mountune USA. I've been waiting for my induction hose for 2 MONTHS. I ordered when the site said ships in 24 hours, and it's been 4 weeks after their expected shipping date. They honestly kinda suck as a company. Never had a good experience with them...
Mountune does not "suck" the office/shop in Carson, Cali "sucks". Years ago when the ST's were selling they were pretty good. The USA business is now EcoBoost Mustangs........Most people modding used ST's are looking for cheaper parts now and the Warranty friendly stuff went the way of Dodo birds.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I use 2.5" brake duct hosing for mine. Its significantly cheaper, had spiral wound wire within to reduce crushing it and lasts a LONG time.
What they really said was the water permeable hose they proudly claimed was used to prevent hydro lock is too expensive for the stuff the sell now and I'm sure that it was a Ford requirement for the MP215 warranties. Mountune should have embraced the Coyote engine, much larger market than the EcoBoost and Ford turned to others for Ford Performance Coyote Stuff. I believe they will bail on the USA market soon. Love my MP215.......hate that their reputation has steadily declined.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Mountune does not "suck" the office/shop in Carson, Cali "sucks". Years ago when the ST's were selling they were pretty good. The USA business is now EcoBoost Mustangs........Most people modding used ST's are looking for cheaper parts now and the Warranty friendly stuff went the way of Dodo birds.
When I typed out Mountune USA and since a vast majority of people on this forum are based in the US, I kinda thought it was obvious that I was talking about the USA branch and not the UK. Also having less of a customer base is absolutely no excuse to lie to a customer and continuous ship products late and with faults. If you don't know when the product is coming in just say it and don't make me ask every month and get told 2-4 weeks everytime.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mountune should have embraced the Coyote engine, much larger market than the EcoBoost and Ford turned to others for Ford Performance Coyote Stuff. I believe they will bail on the USA market soon. Love my MP215.......hate that their reputation has steadily declined.
True, but the aftermarket for the Coyote, and it's derivatives/evolutions, is ridiculously large already in this land, and they probably realize that they cannot compete there.

Also, they know that the market for that engine outside of North America is VERY limited, whereas the smaller EcoBoost engine platform(s), are very prolific everywhere else in the world where the drivers don't seem compelled to pilot road tanks (for whatever reasons, and there are many[wink]), forcing their supplying manufacturers to eliminate cars from their lineups, in totality.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
When I typed out Mountune USA and since a vast majority of people on this forum are based in the US, I kinda thought it was obvious that I was talking about the USA branch and not the UK. Also having less of a customer base is absolutely no excuse to lie to a customer and continuous ship products late and with faults. If you don't know when the product is coming in just say it and don't make me ask every month and get told 2-4 weeks everytime.
Trust me I am not making excuses for them I have been reading about the problems people have with communications and very poor customer service for a while. What is apparent is they have no staff because they are not making enough to pay them. Mountune USA will be another Dodo bird soon...extinct! In '15-'17 they were a different company than now.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Possibly another Mishmoto sales And warranty Experience...[emoji46]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Trust me I am not making excuses for them I have been reading about the problems people have with communications and very poor customer service for a while. What is apparent is they have no staff because they are not making enough to pay them. Mountune USA will be another Dodo bird soon...extinct! In '15-'17 they were a different company than now.
Yup. The STs are no more, with nothing to replace them in the Americas. There are only so many out there, and lots of competition from other companies, who will also lose that business, now. Too bad, because they did make some nice FiST parts.

They're doing stuff for Ecoboost trucks, now. Nice stuff, if you drive a truck and want it to burn even more gas.

If I were them, I'd be doing tunes for the SUVs, too. There'll always be someone with a turbo who wants to make it faster.

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
True, but the aftermarket for the Coyote, and it's derivatives/evolutions, is ridiculously large already in this land, and they probably realize that they cannot compete there.

Also, they know that the market for that engine outside of North America is VERY limited, whereas the smaller EcoBoost engine platform(s), are very prolific everywhere else in the world where the drivers don't seem compelled to pilot road tanks (for whatever reasons, and there are many[wink]), forcing their supplying manufacturers to eliminate cars from their lineups, in totality.
I was so proud when my daughter dumped her Honda Pilot for a FiST last year. And you are right about the Coyote. We are looking at the Ford Performance M-9603-M8B for wife's Mustang. $1K for +42 torque and +19 Hp. Told my wife to think of it as a MP215 for her Coyote. Same Warranty deal, price and HP.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Yup. The STs are no more, with nothing to replace them in the Americas. There are only so many out there, and lots of competition from other companies, who will also lose that business, now. Too bad, because they did make some nice FiST parts.

They're doing stuff for Ecoboost trucks, now. Nice stuff, if you drive a truck and want it to burn even more gas.

If I were them, I'd be doing tunes for the SUVs, too. There'll always be someone with a turbo who wants to make it faster.
Hell even Henry Ford raced Fords in the day!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was so proud when my daughter dumped her Honda Pilot for a FiST last year. And you are right about the Coyote. We are looking at the Ford Performance M-9603-M8B for wife's Mustang. $1K for +42 torque and +19 Hp. Told my wife to think of it as a MP215 for her Coyote. Same Warranty deal, price and HP.
That's about right. That extra torque at low RPM is really nice for when you're just puttin' around. When you get on it, it just pulls, much like my user name.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3IaRRwq_E

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
That's about right. That extra torque at low RPM is really nice for when you're just puttin' around. When you get on it, it just pulls, much like my user name.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3IaRRwq_E
My wife is a green light bandit. Hates if somebody takes her at a light. The torque will insure she can out run a stock one! My only bike was a Honda XL350......... 4 stroke one lung. Loved it till I cracked up in the dirt......landed in emergency room and out of work for a week. Just never had the balls after that to push it hard. Yes, I know....I'm a wussy.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My wife is a green light bandit. Hates if somebody takes her at a light. The torque will insure she can out run a stock one! My only bike was a Honda XL350......... 4 stroke one lung. Loved it till I cracked up in the dirt......landed in emergency room and out of work for a week. Just never had the balls after that to push it hard. Yes, I know....I'm a wussy.
I remember those well. I was all into dirt riding back then.

If you're gonna ride a dirt bike, you're gonna crash. I never got more than a few scrapes and bruises, but that's just my luck. Some people end up dead or crippled.

When I was a kid, we moved to Colorado, and my dad refused to learn to ski. He was a pilot, and he said that if he hurt himself, he wouldn't be able to work. Made sense to me.

I still ride, but I'm way past my wheelie-poppin', big jumpin' days. Old age makes me much more aware that I'm mortal.

I ordered the Cobb Stage1+ before doing a lot of research, so I have the Cobb Intake that utilizes the OEM lower box. I added a Velossa Tech snorkel. The actual intake flow path looked very restrictive to me, so I checked the pressure loss and it was terrible (Baro-Intake from logs). To reduce loss, I had an idea to open the lower box and plumb to the front... actually before learning of the ST200 and other similar designs.

I believe the hose in question is 2.5" ID. TyphoonFist's 1st link is 3". I got a 1m length off ebay delivered for $21. It's pretty high quality high temp silicone coated hose, used a lot for brake ducts. For those that like to tinker, want a ST200-type cold airbox, and don't have one or similar, here's what I did to use up some stay at home covid19 time. Don't want to redirect business from Ron, he has the ST200 box. He also has the fog light delete, I fabricated mine from a $10 (delivered) aluminum bell mouth from ebay.

I am an engineer, rocket/jet/gas turbine industry for 35 years. I am enjoying fiddling with my car, so thought I'd share. I actually have quite a bit of comparisons of pressure loss and temp rise for various intake configurations. I'm very happy with where I ended up. I don't think it can be improved any further relative to intake pressure loss and temperature rise. That's not to say there aren't others very similar, I expect some are.

Now that I have been at this just a while with the car, I will always buy from Ron, unless he doesn't have it and I need it, or as in this case if I want to make it myself.

Attachments