Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Turbo Tech Racing Upper Transmission Mount Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbocharged

Trader history for TurboTechRacing (0)

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #19
Good to know, thank you. Your mounts look to be quality, and the price is pretty great too. I've been considering yours vs the cp-e mounts, but one of the main reasons that held me back on yours was the lack of durometer rating info. I'm going to have to really weigh my options now!
Keep in mind there is so much more than just durameter....

You can have a larger diameter bushing with a high durameter, and have LESS vibrations, than a small diameter bushing with a low durameter...

Another way to look at it... Assume two tires are the same durameter. Both are the same outside diameter. One is a 15" wheel and one is a 20" wheel.

The 20" wheel setup will ride much more hard/firm, even though the durameter is the same.

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #20
Yeah, I figured that the mass/volume of the dampening material has as much to do with NVH reduction as the durometer of the material... Knowing each quality helps, though. Thanks again!
Sounds good, you bet! Anything else let us know.