Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Velossa Tech Diffuser Fins - New revision - bigger and badder!

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

What do you guys think?

Greg drove over an hour up here to get more free parts, and help with test fitting of course. :)

I really hope you guys like this new revision. You speak, I listen!

Best,

D

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh hell yeah. way better

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #7
They look great! How are they attached? Adhesive or bolt?
I use 3M automotive adhesive. I prefer not to bolt them on, so no permanent modification necessary. As long as you clean the surface with the alcohol wipes supplied in the kit, and depress the fin hard on the bumper, it will hold very well. I still have mine from 1.5 years ago, been through rain storms, 130 mph+, florida heat and humidity, road trips and hurricane IRMA. Still on there :)

I made some changes to the contour and hooks too, should make install a bit easier.

They look really (too???) thick! How thick are they? vs how thick were the first ones?
If the reasoning for thickness is adhesion, couldn't you make them with a wide (1/2") base with a thinner (1/4") blade?
Are the 5 pieces individually contoured now or is there still just 2 sizes?
I do like the deeper, longer size though; was definitely waiting for these!

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #10
They look really (too???) thick! How thick are they? vs how thick were the first ones?
If the reasoning for thickness is adhesion, couldn't you make them with a wide (1/2") base with a thinner (1/4") blade?
Made them thicker purely for aesthetics.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #11
Made them thicker purely for aesthetics. I might thin them out just a little. These ones shown in the thread were for a contour fit test.

Made them thicker purely for aesthetics. I might thin them out just a little. These ones shown in the thread were for a contour fit test.
I ordered a set Friday though Whoosh. I, too, would vote for having them thin out from the base to the tip. I agree that a larger base is a good idea but they are a bit thick looking in those pictures. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to guinea pig that modification for me.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I can't tell if they're too thick or not, but they do look crooked. Could just be the angle? That said, I still like how they make the rear look more aggressive.

What do you guys think of this slight taper I added?

Base is the same thickness, tips are thinner.

Kinda hard to see it in that render. Can you do a render of just a single fin in profile to that taper? Or post the base vs tip dimensions and I can use my imagination?

Edit: just saw your PM, will make sure to take lots of photos of those you send.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #17
Here try this [MENTION=5841]allpurposeben[/MENTION]

The taper is 2 degrees on the center fin and 1 degree on the outer fins. I can't go more than that or it will make the fins very flimsy at the edges.

I think this is a winner

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
subtle but really nice touch. You let us know when the tweaking is over so we can order ya? lol