Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Velossa Tech Wing Riser

Trader history for CanadianGuy (0)

I placed my order for Wing Risers on March 19th. I then received a confirmation email that my order was completed on March 28th.

I also received a tracking number via a notification email on March 27th from Paypal that said "Your Order has Shipped!".

To this day (March 31st), I am still getting the same message I got on March 27th when I try to track the package on USPS website: A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 11:53 pm on March 27, 2017 in HOLLYWOOD, FL 33020. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but if the package was "shipped" (on March 27), and if my order was "completed" (on March 28) how do I keep getting the same tracking message for 5 straight days?

As a result, I think I am being fooled into thinking my package is on its way, when the package is actually just a shipping label sitting at Velossa Tech's office/warehouse. Therefore my Wing Risers are either:

- Not ready, and can't be shipped as they are still being made (I know it's made-to-order)
- Ready, but sitting in a package that has not been dropped off/picked up by USPS
- Lost by either Velossa Tech or USPS (this one worries me...)

Can anyone on here comment on a total order time (time it took from Order Date -> Delivery Date)?

If a Velossa Tech member sees this, please PM me.

Thanks

J2FoRS

I placed my order for Wing Risers on March 19th. I then received a confirmation email that my order was completed on March 28th.

I also received a tracking number via a notification email on March 27th from Paypal that said "Your Order has Shipped!".

To this day (March 31st), I am still getting the same message I got on March 27th when I try to track the package on USPS website: A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 11:53 pm on March 27, 2017 in HOLLYWOOD, FL 33020. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but if the package was "shipped" (on March 27), and if my order was "completed" (on March 28) how do I keep getting the same tracking message for 5 straight days?

As a result, I think I am being fooled into thinking my package is on its way, when the package is actually just a shipping label sitting at Velossa Tech's office/warehouse. Therefore my Wing Risers are either:

- Not ready, and can't be shipped as they are still being made (I know it's made-to-order)
- Ready, but sitting in a package that has not been dropped off/picked up by USPS

Can anyone on here comment on a total order time (time it took from Order Date -> Delivery Date)?

Thanks
[MENTION=3407]VelossaTech[/MENTION] Dan ol boy

Thanks
I saw a similar situation when I ordered mine and I think you identified the situation: the label was made before the order was boxed.

While annoying, it's not an uncommon practice for shippers to do that.

All said and done, it was 16 days from order to delivery for me. I will throw the caveat that it shipped while the north east was having those recent snow storms but according to USPS, that only cost them 1 day delay.

I, too, was not impressed by how long it took. I'm reserving my whole review until the risers haven been subjected to a larger weather gamut. 2 of the body plugs I received fit too loosely to use and I'm kind of tempted to just pull all of them and cover the holes with vinyl.

Thanks
I had the same thing happen to me. Your shipping label was created before the item has shipped. I got worried and even sent them a message but then went back to the website and it says under the description that the current lead time on pre-orders is 1-2 weeks. It's a new product so I'm sure they're getting plenty of orders for them on top of everything else they make . I got mine in about two weeks. They're a respected company on this forum so I wouldn't get too worried.

Not to worry, sometimes I print a shipping label for administrative purposes before it ships. I added a comment in the product description for the1-2 week lead time, we got backed up last month. We are working very hard to expand our facilities to accomodate the new orders, expect the lead time to come down. Remember that every single part is made just for you in the color you want, and there are about 60 other people waiting on products. There is a serial production queue which means things generally get made in the order they are received (although this isnt always the case as we sometimes stock popular items). I am expanding production in 2017 to bring lead times down, expect to see that very soon. Until then, current lead times are about 2 weeks for custom colors and about 1 week for generic colors likr black. Everyone is so used to Amazon prime, lol they make us look bad.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The car does not even have a wing so what are these for?

Oh, to disturb the factory aerodynamic effect of the spoiler, I don't get it.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
The car does not even have a wing so what are these for?

Oh, to disturb the factory aerodynamic effect of the spoiler, I don't get it.
Pure teenage aesthetic. And at my age i know these do nothing but I still giggle and like them.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I bought a real wing element from APR, I believe GT200 Spec, 48" wide and was going to design uprights that came from the gap between the hatch and body that I could remove for the street. I sold the element as was selling the car, if I start to track the car again I will buy another one and finish the design and build, I want a real wing or nothing at all:)

There is a way to make the stock unit a little more effective, add a flat panel to seal the top of the spoiler from leading edge to trialing edge then a vertical section at the back of the unit. I was going to seal the top like that with the use of the real wing to clean up the airflow under it and was considering the vertical piece as well then do some testing with the wing and it installed, vertical removed, replace without wing, etc to see what was best for the street and the track.

I just like real mods that serve a purpose over mods that are likely to cause and issue with the aero balance of the car or just induce drag, etc....I had a good talk about all this with somebody well versed in real race car building, has worked hand in hand with experts and knows this car really well and has driven mine and loved it so my stand on this is not just some guys opinion, it is based off input from somebody that knows.

Of course if it floats your boat and you know the results and still want it, go for it, my posts are just to make sure some do not get mislead by parts designed to look fast but make the car slower or less stable or whatever they do besides enhance the car in real use:)

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] completely agree knowledge is good and having that mindset when selecting your plan. Mind you since I have mine installed my rear window has remained much clearer. Which for me is great.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Rear window? I almost forget we have one, so tiny and I never let anybody get close, etc...J/K, glad you get some benefit from it:)

I am sure there is a mental condition label for how I am about such things and I have been called all of them at least once if not many times:):)

Jrmagno23

Do you guys think the yellow will go nice with my magnetic grey? I also have the California black and yellow license plate.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does the white color match White Platinum? Or is it for the Oxford White?
It does not match White Platinum, no. I have them on my car and only really notice the color difference when I look closely and from the top view of the car. Otherwise, from far away or from the rear angle, they match OK.

It does not match White Platinum, no. I have them on my car and only really notice the color difference when I look closely and from the top view of the car. Otherwise, from far away or from the rear angle, they match OK.
Thanks for the info brotha. Do you happen to have any pics with them installed? I'm trying to decide between white or red.

Hey all,

I just installed my wing risers on my '16 Molten Orange, and they look great! The install was nice and simple (especially when you get a extra set of hands!) and the Purple risers are well made, I'm very happy with this kit (I actually got the whole Aggression Package)

The only thing i don't like, is I wish the purple was a little darker, and less pink. But im sure i'll adjust [clap]

AzNightmare

These still seem to be fairly new on the market, relatively. Has anyone had these survive through a cold winter with snow?
3D printed plastic seems sturdy and all.... but competition is using aluminum.

Just wondering how's this holding up to weathering?