Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

What's your Focus RS suspension plan?

What's your Focus RS suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Whether I want to do anything or not.... I'm stuck at stock height if I want to get in and out of my driveway.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
I'm sticking with stock for now. I do prefer coilovers but hate losing the adjustable suspension capabilities.

I have been scouring the internet to see which way I want to go.

The Mountune springs seem to be very conservative in the drop in all pictures I've seen aside from their own in house car.

H&R look great on some cars, but still a little high in the rear on others...as do the Eibach Pro Kit.

I was thinking of ordering the Pumaspeed springs, but that will be pricey coming directly from the UK.

The only other option I am curious about is the Whiteline springs, but I haven't found one photo of a RS with them equipped. I may reach out to Eibach and see if they eventually release a Sportline edition.

For now, I will be stalking all forums and threads until I can make up my mind.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LonestarRS

Mountune and Pumaspeed springs are basically rebadged Eibach springs.

I think the Pumaspeed might look a bit lower due to the larger wheels in their photos.

I have been scouring the internet to see which way I want to go.

The Mountune springs seem to be very conservative in the drop in all pictures I've seen aside from their own in house car.

H&R look great on some cars, but still a little high in the rear on others...as do the Eibach Pro Kit.

I was thinking of ordering the Pumaspeed springs, but that will be pricey coming directly from the UK.

The only other option I am curious about is the Whiteline springs, but I haven't found one photo of a RS with them equipped. I may reach out to Eibach and see if they eventually release a Sportline edition.

Mountune and Pumaspeed springs are basically rebadged Eibach springs.

I think the Pumaspeed might look a bit lower due to the larger wheels in their photos.
Aren't they rebadged with different specs though? I read Mountune are more conservative than the standard Eibach Pro Kit while Pumaspeed are more aggressive.

LonestarRS

You're right they are different specs. I was just commenting that with the larger wheels it might look even more lowered than if you were on the stock wheels.

The .08" claimed on the Eibach is a bit conservative, mine actually went down nearly an inch in both front and rear.

Aren't they rebadged with different specs though? I read Mountune are more conservative than the standard Eibach Pro Kit while Pumaspeed are more aggressive.

You're right they are different specs. I was just commenting that with the larger wheels it might look even more lowered than if you were on the stock wheels.

The .08" claimed on the Eibach is a bit conservative, mine actually went down nearly an inch in both front and rear.
I just realized I have your car saved as reference of a perfect drop. I'm not sure why I find others that don't look the same with Eibachs though.

I'm very close to going with your setup and I appreciate your input and installation tips.

OP
FocusMike

FocusMike

Thread Starter #15
I don't think I've ever seen any Focus with Whiteline springs and I've owned three generations of Focus.

The only other option I am curious about is the Whiteline springs, but I haven't found one photo of a RS with them equipped.

LonestarRS

Thanks, it could be because of the wider wheels that I'm on as well.

I just realized I have your car saved as reference of a perfect drop. I'm not sure why I find others that don't look the same with Eibachs though.

I'm very close to going with your setup and I appreciate your input and installation tips.

Some one needs to do this.[woot]
[video=youtube;STVTmyMEhKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STVTmyMEhKE[/video]