Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Whoosh Brace Kit Install/Review [picture heavy]

Trader history for pirite (0)

Did the install today. Had some trouble with the Trunk Brace. Emailed Ron, and had a quick response within minutes. He said the rear wheels had to be off the ground, and the car resting on jack stands. It fit, but it was a tight fit. Front brace went smooth. It is very difficult to get the 180 degrees form 45ft\lbs. TB_performance has 115ft\lbs. in their instructions. I started with that and it got me 90 degrees from 45ft/lbs. I don’t think I’m strong enough to get to 180 degrees on the ground with jack stands. Can’t get the leverage, so it’s at 115ft\lbs.

Did the install today. Had some trouble with the Trunk Brace. Emailed Ron, and had a quick response within minutes. He said the rear wheels had to be off the ground, and the car resting on jack stands. It fit, but it was a tight fit. Front brace went smooth. It is very difficult to get the 180 degrees form 45ft\lbs. TB_performance has 115ft\lbs. in their instructions. I started with that and it got me 90 degrees from 45ft/lbs. I don’t think I’m strong enough to get to 180 degrees on the ground with jack stands. Can’t get the leverage, so it’s at 115ft\lbs.
I just did mine a couple of weeks ago. I had my car on ramps while I was torquing the bolts down. I had to turn the wheels all the way to one side to get a breaking bar in for leverage and eye balled the 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
post #23 from Ford ST
says it all
I can also say with certainty that there are other braces that require the car to be loaded/not loaded or sometimes one side loaded to get the holes to match up on various different braces (2 point, 4 point and especially 6 point)
after well over a hundred of these braces out there, maybe 2 or 3 required the advise "try unloading the rear suspension"

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
post #23 from Ford ST
says it all
I can also say with certainty that there are other braces that require the car to be loaded/not loaded or sometimes one side loaded to get the holes to match up on various different braces (2 point, 4 point and especially 6 point)
after well over a hundred of these braces out there, maybe 2 or 3 required the advise "try unloading the rear suspension"
Sounds good! Thanks for the clarification.