Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Whoosh Ramair Foam Intake

Trader history for StockAFfiesta (0)

Anyone have a solution for a ramair that is pushing on the plastic right next to the hood support? When I try to angle the induction hose down the foam takes a pushed down shape and I’m concerned. Picture provided shows exactly what my intake looks like right now.

Attachments

One member from the thread I linked to mentioned the possibility of it rubbing a hole into the foam material over time. If I could go back in time I would have purchased the "proram" filter. It's probably shorter and has better fitment. But for now the zip-tie holds it back from rubbing.

I would NOT recommend the zip-tie method. Look back at that thread I linked and try those other suggestions first.
But.... I tied from the filter adapter around anything solid behind the intake, pulling it back away from the headlight.
Or, buy that new HFO filter Whoosh is now selling. Maybe ask for measurements first.

The general consensus I have found is that the addition of an intake, either short ram or CAI, is that it just makes more noise. You won't necessarily see power gains with a CAI, especially if you are "StockAF." If you just want to hear more turbo noise then what you have is just fine. Down the road with more mods. you might want to look into a different intake set up though.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I just trimmed the silicone induction hose to get more clearance. Worked fine but ended up putting a ST200 intake instead which I liked way better