Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

whoosh brake rotor upgrade now available

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
in stock and live on the site

• Each kit includes 2 front & 2 rear rotors
  • Grooved J-Hook design for pad deglazing
  • Anti-Corrosion black finish
  • Direct Replacement for OEM
  • Designed to run up to 900°C/1650°F
  • Manufactured in the UK
link to product : https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...s-brake-rotor-upgrade-kit-2014-2019-fiesta-st

View attachment 47017 View attachment 47018
Any Focus SVT rear rotor options also?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just ordered with the Goodridge stainless lines.

If Ron stocked the Motorcraft 'summer' pads, I would have ordered those from him as well. [thumb]

If I had some extra coin, I would have gotten a second set of these rotors since this may be a one time shot for this product. [wink]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lets clear this up..The rotor doesn't stay completely black....correct? It will wear away the black coating to reveal the metal after pad contact and bed in.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Lets clear this up..The rotor doesn't stay completely black....correct? It will wear away the black coating to reveal the metal after pad contact and bed in.
correct / same for any coated rotor
the idea is all the areas that aren't touched by the pad itself will remain black rather than rust and look terrible

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
the idea is all the areas that aren't touched by the pad itself will remain black rather than rust and look terrible
I just watched a 97 type r restoration. They painted the entire rotor and as I'm saying "what the f are they doing?" They then place it on the mill and turn the faces leaving all the non contact parts protected.

Of course with these no turning just break in.

kevinatfms

Just ordered with the Goodridge stainless lines.

If Ron stocked the Motorcraft 'summer' pads, I would have ordered those from him as well. [thumb]

If I had some extra coin, I would have gotten a second set of these rotors since this may be a one time shot for this product. [wink]
Check out the Porterfield R4-1. Its a race compound but the .60 friction coefficient is one of the highest ive seen for a pad that can still be used on the street(low temp bite friction coefficient of .45 same as the "S" pads). It will reach the rated coefficient around 600F and hold until over 1200F.

We used the R4-E during a VIR champ car race on our Elantra and they were beyond fantastic. Pedal feel is superb, heat tolerance and rotor wear was great over 800+ miles at full race speeds.

They arent "cheap" but the performance is well worth the price.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Check out the Porterfield R4-1. Its a race compound but the .60 friction coefficient is one of the highest ive seen for a pad that can still be used on the street(low temp bite friction coefficient of .45 same as the "S" pads). It will reach the rated coefficient around 600F and hold until over 1200F.

We used the R4-E during a VIR champ car race on our Elantra and they were beyond fantastic. Pedal feel is superb, heat tolerance and rotor wear was great over 800+ miles at full race speeds.

They arent "cheap" but the performance is well worth the price.
I definitely would if I ever planned on open tracking it.

Even for exclusive street use I was considering the G-Loc autocross pads, but did not want to take the chance on them being noisy (LOUD squeal right before coming to a complete stop) on the street, as I HATE that.

I can live with/am A OK with the major dust complaints everyone has about the factory summer pads, as long as they are QUIET, and don't squeal like stuck piggies at stop lights. [wink]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah, the stock ones rust terribly here in the snowy parts. Looks like crap, and it's not nice to the wheels.

Last edited: