Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #103
That’s so awesome! Congrats Ron can’t wait to purchase one!
thank you,
Wesley is a great driver and huge asset to whoosh as well
403whp / 413wtq with the 35 shot also
he actually made 425 whp on the first pull with the 35 shot but the run was not complete and left off early on the dyno

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #105
So next comes the question and if it hasn't already been asked....Is Wesley still on the stock block and internals?
he sure is
stock everything
I'll ask him to post his mod list, he keeps it updated
it's all whoosh bolt on parts
V2 FMIC, boost hoses , induction hose, hybrid turbo, crossover pipe, inlet, short shifter w/CNC bushings, race-spec RMM
also - ITG intake, Peron aux kit, 35 shot of dry nitrous, Mele LW battery kit, JST tuned, e50 fuel, 6510 plugs, should be most if not all power mods

stock block, head, transmission
aside from the spec stage 3+ clutch (w/stock flywheel) & MFactory LSD. He smoked the stock clutch and made some upgrades while the trans was out

Dib

This is the reason why I've been trying to stay away from Woosh, either on the forum or the web shop. All it makes me say is "shut up and take my money." I was orginally thinking about 2860 but this hybrid doh. Great work ron. I'm going to find it real hard to hold onto some of my deployment savings come december when i'm out of this place.

curious if there was a decision to keep the stock flywheel, and if so, why?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #107
This is the reason why I've been trying to stay away from Woosh, either on the forum or the web shop. All it makes me say is "shut up and take my money." I was orginally thinking about 2860 but this hybrid doh. Great work ron. I'm going to find it real hard to hold onto some of my deployment savings come december when i'm out of this place.

curious if there was a decision to keep the stock flywheel, and if so, why?
thanks
keeping the stock flywheel allows the car to still drive and act like stock but adding the stage 3+ clutch grips like crazy. It's the best of both worlds
no single mass flywheel noises
a lighter flywheel may improve revs by a bit but not enough to make Wesley want one for drag racing his Fiesta

@ron@whoosh Why do you list a high flow 3” cat as a minimum requirement on your site? As you know modifying the converter is not allowed in CA so where does that leave us? I can’t see doing the DP and not exhaust so with both that’s another $1200 or so to the cost. Any reason the hybrid wouldn’t make 275whp w e30 on stock exhaust and stock DP? Going for maximum sleeper...

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #110
@ron@whoosh Why do you list a high flow 3” cat as a minimum requirement on your site? As you know modifying the converter is not allowed in CA so where does that leave us? I can’t see doing the DP and not exhaust so with both that’s another $1200 or so to the cost. Any reason the hybrid wouldn’t make 275whp w e30 on stock exhaust and stock DP? Going for maximum sleeper...
you can certainly run a stock downpipe, we have a few customers that are currently
our minimum mod list is strongly suggested but there are always some that will need to deviate slightly for various reasons

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #111
we have some units going out today of the standard and trac-spec - this one looked pretty cool so here are some pics!

you can certainly run a stock downpipe, we have a few customers that are currently
our minimum mod list is strongly suggested but there are always some that will need to deviate slightly for various reasons
How much power will make with Mountune Catted DP and regular 2.5’ exhaust in 91 octane (?)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #113
How much power will make with Mountune Catted DP and regular 2.5’ exhaust in 91 octane (?)
same numbers as 91 with any downpipe and exhaust
we've seen 260-275whp on 91 octane
your results will vary depending on the quality of your 91, your tuning, elevation and certainly the dyno type used for the measurement

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
same numbers as 91 with any downpipe and exhaust
we've seen 260-275whp on 91 octane
your results will vary depending on the quality of your 91, your tuning, elevation and certainly the dyno type used for the measurement
So an mrx makes the same power as the whoosh hybrid but the hybrid makes more low end tq?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I keep coming back to these pics because I really dig the red/black. Even though we can’t really see the turbo on our car, it’s cool to have functional, colorful American options. Thanks for giving a shit Ron. Someday I’ll run one of these and punish it for more that 11 seconds lol. No disrespect intended. I love quick cars too!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #116
So an mrx makes the same power as the whoosh hybrid but the hybrid makes more low end tq?

I've never seen a MRX make 314whp and 353wtq on the stock fuel system or near 350 on aux like our hybrid does. Our hybrid also hits 26-27psi by 3200 rpm
Our hybrid is $1299 (after core return) vs $1899 with the MRX as well.
For comparison purposes the S280 vs MRX makes more sense. The S280 rules in every way, cost, similar spool, and has way more power potential with aux fuel

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I've never seen a MRX make 314whp and 353wtq on the stock fuel system or near 350 on aux like our hybrid does. Our hybrid also hits 26-27psi by 3200 rpm
Our hybrid is $1299 (after core return) vs $1899 with the MRX as well.
For comparison purposes the S280 vs MRX makes more sense. The S280 rules in every way, cost, similar spool, and has way more power potential with aux fuel
I should clarify. I was thinking they made the same power on 91 only. No e. No aux. No 100oct. Out right 91. I know your hybrid can do more with extra fuel and what not.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #118
another customer just left AntSpec with our hybrid installed
mods: whoosh catted downpipe and whoosh V3 intercooler(black). That's it everything else stock. This customer wanted the bare minimum and to be stealth since he's in california
91 octane

mods: whoosh catted downpipe and whoosh V3 intercooler(black). That's it everything else stock. This customer wanted the bare minimum and to be stealth since he's in california
91 octane

I live up the street from those guys, it'll be my turn next ! Cant believe only a downpipe, EDIT - never mind he has one ! but still, not a lot, just the main things..

91 octane

That's my Fiesta ST :love:. Whoosh Hybrid Turbo (11psi TurboSmart & TurboSmart Plumb Back Shortie BOV) was installed and tuned by AntSpec. Conservative tune since this is my daily and not chasing the horsepower numbers at the moment. ST is a few miles from rolling over to 132,000. I actually picked up the ST this Sunday morning since I was out of town on Friday and Saturday. Oh I'm loving this turbo! It pulls and pulls. Slight whistle but hardly noticeable since I have the ST200 Airbox (closed box). Previously had the Mountune FB1 Package on the stock turbo. And yes, the install included the Whoosh Catted Downpipe and also the Whoosh Crossover Turbo Intake Hard Pipe. The Whoosh Intercooler though is the V1. Dynoed on Mustang Dynamometer so don't know what those numbers would be on Dynojet :unsure:.

Thanks to Ron! Very happy with going with Whoosh Hybrid Turbo!!!