Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

That's my Fiesta ST :love:. Whoosh Hybrid Turbo (11psi TurboSmart & TurboSmart Plumb Back Shortie BOV) was installed and tuned by AntSpec. Conservative tune since this is my daily and not chasing the horsepower numbers at the moment. ST is a few miles from rolling over to 132,000. I actually picked up the ST this Sunday morning since I was out of town on Friday and Saturday. Oh I'm loving this turbo! It pulls and pulls. Slight whistle but hardly noticeable since I have the ST200 Airbox (closed box). Previously had the Mountune FB1 Package on the stock turbo. And yes, the install included the Whoosh Catted Downpipe and also the Whoosh Crossover Turbo Intake Hard Pipe. The Whoosh Intercooler though is the V1. Dynoed on Mustang Dynamometer so don't know what those numbers would be on Dynojet :unsure:.

Thanks to Ron! Very happy with going with Whoosh Hybrid Turbo!!!
Hi, your car was on IG that morning of the install lol. Was that tune done on 91 ? EDIT - I keep failing to read. I see the dynosheet at the bottom. Lol. .. very nice ! Just too excited.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #124
some truly kick butt numbers from one of customers
e30 and 91 numbers
tuned by Alan at Edge Autosports

mod list:
Mod list : Whoosh hybrid turbo Kompact shorty plumb back BoV 11psi turbosmart wga Whoosh 3" catless downpipe Mbrp 3" exhaust Ngk one step colder plugs Whoosh v2 intercooler Whoosh intercooler hoses Whoosh crossover pipe Whoosh 3" turbo inlet Whoosh symposer delete Mountune RMM Injen short ram

Last edited:
some truly kick butt numbers from one of customers
e30 and 91 numbers
tuned by Alan at Edge Autosports

mod list:
Mod list : Whoosh hybrid turbo Kompact shorty plumb back BoV 11psi turbosmart wga Whoosh 3" catless downpipe Mbrp 3" exhaust Ngk one step colder plugs Whoosh v2 intercooler Whoosh intercooler hoses Whoosh crossover pipe Whoosh 3" turbo inlet Whoosh symposer delete Mountune RMM Injen short ram
Those are really good numbers for a hybrid. Love it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #128
Ron...what's the difference between the standard hybrid & the TRAC-SPEC?
trac-spec is internally built the same as the standard whoosh hybrid
we add performance coatings and include ARP hardware for the turbo to manifold and downpipe attachment points
it was originally designed to be a kit with ported and coated manifold which is available now but we sell them separately

hope that helps

It is strictly necessary to use 3’ inch downpipe and CatBack?

What will be the whp in 2.5’ Mountune Catted and FSWERKS? (Pwnall IC + K&N Filter) ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well that’s something to keep on mind. Anyone has some estimate whp over 2.5 setup? And MPG City?
Both are negligible/ very very minimal gains....Mostly just for the Ambiance/sound.IMO

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I completed my install of this kit yesterday. All I can say is this was by far the easiest turbo install I have done. I’ve installed aftermarket kits on a focus st, sti and a gti, and I don’t think some people really understand that any non-factory turbo setup is never going to be plug-and-play. This is pretty much is that, plug-and-play.

The new gaskets and hardware included by Ron are also above and beyond what most company’s provide. His kit makes it capable to pull the stock turbo and manifold out, swap everything over with new hardware, and reinstall. Easy. Simple. Clean.

Thanks for yet another incredible product, Ron. You’ve truly been an invaluable member of this community.

Last edited: