Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

2JR Hi-Power Cowl Induction Intake - Reviews/Install Tips/Gains

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

I just got this intake like 2 month ago and it's great I'm running it without a rain sock and run just fine thru a rain storm. I was scared at first to run it without one. The noise well its loud inside but got used to it.

V_2

Just installed this over the weekend with intent to swap the cowl intake in on spirited driving days and use the cobb intake for daily driving.

I'll have to say. It's not really too loud. Maybe I am just working on different expectations from most, though. Don't get me wrong, you KNOW it's there. But I was having a normal conversation without needing to raise my voice.

I also had trouble getting the MAF screws to go in. Not sure if there was an issue with machining when these were made that caused some pieces to be affected. So that turned a 3 hour install into 6 due to needing to use the MAF screws and lubricant to clean up and chase the threads.

I suggest making sure your MAF screws will thread easily before installing.

I like mine do to the fact that it brings in really nice cold air and is perfect for tracking situations. After having it for 2 months now it gets a little old, love the sounds but it's hard for me to carry a conversation, especially if you take long road trips. But like 2j said "Race" intake. Lol

V_2

So I tried the raammat/ensolite method and am very happy with the results. I added a foam divider between the air filter and vent intake. Cabin sound is greatly reduced, maybe slightly louder than the cobb catback.

I could probably clean up the foam and also cover it to make a better sound seal, but the sound level is more than acceptable for me at this point.

I may have missed it but does this come with the maf adapter extension? or is that separate?

Is this In an area that is prone to get water from say, washing the car ? Just asking cos it does look ace

V_2

You won't have any issues washing the car. The hood covers the cowl vent for the most part, and the water that would end up in the cowl drains out before it would reach the filter.

Just put a rain sock on the filter for added security. I used K&N part RC-5182DK.

has anyone made a full step by step guide on installing this? box came with nothing, and digging through 80 pages of the other thread is getting exhausting.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
has anyone made a full step by step guide on installing this? box came with nothing, and digging through 80 pages of the other thread is getting exhausting.
Take off stock intake.

Take off cowl

Install MAF sensor on intake

I found it helpful to put the filter in the cowl first before the tube

Get the coupling on and install intake tube

Now connect filter and tighten

Hold up cowl and figure out where to cut the cowl

After cutting cowl put it back on

Install extended hoses on intake and maf wire

Install ear plugs :)

Take off stock intake.

Take off cowl

Install MAF sensor on intake

I found it helpful to put the filter in the cowl first before the tube

Get the coupling on and install intake tube

Now connect filter and tighten

Hold up cowl and figure out where to cut the cowl

After cutting cowl put it back on

Install extended hoses on intake and maf wire

Install ear plugs :)
thanks bud. my biggest obstacle is the cowl removal. I remember seeing something about having to take the headlights out just to get it off? I'm trying to figure out exactly what tools I need to get this done so I'm not having to run to the store with my car half apart.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
take off stock intake.

Take off cowl

install maf sensor on intake

i found it helpful to put the filter in the cowl first before the tube

get the coupling on and install intake tube

now connect filter and tighten

hold up cowl and figure out where to cut the cowl

after cutting cowl put it back on

take cowl off and cut it some more

put cowl back on

take cowl off and cut it some more

put cowl back on

take cowl off and cut it again some more

put cowl back on

install extended hoses on intake and maf wire

install ear plugs :)
ftfy

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
thanks bud. my biggest obstacle is the cowl removal. I remember seeing something about having to take the headlights out just to get it off? I'm trying to figure out exactly what tools I need to get this done so I'm not having to run to the store with my car half apart.
T27 bit (or wide flat head) and screw driver for the headlights.
15mm socket for the wipers.
Flat head for clips that hold upper and lower cowl together.
10mm for 4 screws in the lower cowl.

Also, the stock worm clamps should be a 7mm socket. If you can find it at the store, patience is a good thing to have.

Installed it today. Now I'm getting a p04db code thrown. Can anyone direct me to pictures of how the hoses are supposed to be connected? I get the feeling that's where something went wrong. There seems to be less connections on the 2j intake vs the stock so I don't know if I'm supposed to just leave some disconnected or what. I'm already three hours deep into this and just want it to be done already.

Also, just went into limp mode and non-stop boost surge and blow off was stuttering the entire time. Pretty sure I missed something.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Installed it today. Now I'm getting a p04db code thrown. Can anyone direct me to pictures of how the hoses are supposed to be connected? I get the feeling that's where something went wrong. There seems to be less connections on the 2j intake vs the stock so I don't know if I'm supposed to just leave some disconnected or what. I'm already three hours deep into this and just want it to be done already.
Also, just went into limp mode and non-stop boost surge and blow off was stuttering the entire time. Pretty sure I missed something.
P04DB? Well, P04 is emissions/cooling related. And it sounds like a vacuum leak. There should be two hoses going to the intake... (and the MAF cable). The larger one is for CCV (closed crankcase vent), that runs from the uh...crankcase. The other is smaller line that bleeds off boost into the intake (or so I've read). Check that one. Can you snap a pic with your phone and upload it on Tapatalk?