Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Big Mouth install issue - bumper fitment

Trader history for Fistfan (0)

Use a heat gun on the cowl and wear some decent gloves is the key. As others have stated it's not OEM but it's been made to work with it. i found you have to get it pretty hot hence the gloves and form it down. I'm falrly OCD on things on my car and managed to make it work fine after a few attempts with the heat because I wasn't getting it warm enough the form properly.

The bumper doesn't looks too out of whack. Just a little misalignment by the headlight that only a person looking for it would see. I was able to drop the hood down so it closes but I'm not able to button down the grommets around the headlight. I will try the heat gun trick when I'm back at the firehouse tmrw. Oven mitts might help with the cowl reshaping.

I think Velossatech's Big Mouth offering is very good and functional. It wasn't designed by Ford, so initial fitment will be slightly off especially if Ford makes unannounced mid-cycle changes. Remember this product has only been around a year and half. I think Velossatech's willingness to re-evaluate their design is a sign of good support and highlights the benefits of on-the-fly 3D printed manufacturing.

The heat gun seems to relieve some of the pressure and allow the bumper to drop down a little. Not perfect but I'll take it. If I had to do it again I would have probably tried with a hair dryer first so it doesn't warp the plastic as much.

I'm torn.. if Velossatech were to reshape the Big Mouth for the Fiesta it could lose some air flow. Is that worth it for "perfect" fitment? Maybe with the 3D scanner he'll be able to scan the underside of the cowl to maximize the flow.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Me? I'm chill. I'm not the one bitching out the manufacturer because I can't figure out how to install a basic part correctly. I think FistFan is the one that needs to chill the fuck out. It's not anyone else's fault that he's struggling to install a part that's about as basic as it gets. Protip: Aftermarket stuff never fits as good as OEM. Ever.
Now this I agree.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
When I install my BIG MOUTH I think I'm just going to cut-out the hump section like [MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION] did.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I had fitment issues on my 2014 FiST when the Bigmouth came out, solved it with the heat gun. In December traded my 2014 for a loaded 2016 and ordered a new Bigmouth in January of this year, no fitment problems whatsoever. I read somewhere that the fitment issue was address by Velossa Tech. I'm a happy Bigmouth user !

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I had fitment issues on my 2014 FiST when the Bigmouth came out, solved it with the heat gun. In December traded my 2014 for a loaded 2016 and ordered a new Bigmouth in January of this year, no fitment problems whatsoever. I read somewhere that the fitment issue was address by Velossa Tech. I'm a happy Bigmouth user !
Very good. I'll give it a try first.

We have Greg coming tomorrow with his 16 fiesta and we're going to do a test fit and 3D scan his front end to see whats up with any interference.

That should do it!
Hey look, a vendor that doesn't lower to shit talk and name calling.

I do like the product. It's on the list. Curious if it's a mid year change by Ford or what. I have a late 16, so this is relevant to me.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
As usual, thePete is sticking his nose in everyone else's business, adding absolutely nothing to a thread but smartass comments and bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Remember he is not a "bitchy amateur enthusiast".........he is a professional.....please treat him as a "professional enthusiast".......whatever that is.

Hey look, a vendor that doesn't lower to shit talk and name calling.

I do like the product. It's on the list. Curious if it's a mid year change by Ford or what. I have a late 16, so this is relevant to me.

You will never hear me shit talk, despite any critisicm. I always take feedback and proceed with product development changes that will make the product better and customer happier. This has always been my trend and that is why my company grew so fast. I gain nothing by chest pounding and dick measurement contests. In fact, no one gains anything.

You will never hear me shit talk, despite any critisicm. I always take feedback and proceed with product development changes that will make the product better and customer happier. This has always been my trend and that is why my company grew so fast. I gain nothing by chest pounding and dick measurement contests. In fact, no one gains anything.
Truer words have rarely been spoken. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

I don't know about all of that.. I gain self esteem issues when I get into a dick measuring contest. :)

Looking to pick one of these up, just wondering if there is any info/feedback for the 2017 FiST.

On a side note the fact that VelossaTech is even on here trying to actively make the product better gives me warm fuzzies all over.

DangerMouse

Just installed one on my 2016, I'm also having some issues with the bumper fitment, mainly near the headlight.

I also have fitment issues related to my cpe fmic, just figured that's part for the course with this car. 99% of people wouldn't notice though. I am interested to see where this goes with a possible redesign.

Holy crap a real engineer! It's nice to see another one. Yeah you created the product but you understand that it may not be perfect and that's ok! The emotional investment some of these engineers have is just ridiculous sometimes.

This is definitely on my list now, what exactly are the "gains" though (previously I was unsure about dropping that amount of cash on it but after your responsiveness here I'd like to support). Someone mentioned unadvertised changed Ford did between model years, does anyone know if this will fit a 2017 and, if any, what were the model changes between 16-17 (or point me in the right direction). *thread jack over*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap a real engineer! It's nice to see another one. Yeah you created the product but you understand that it may not be perfect and that's ok! The emotional investment some of these engineers have is just ridiculous sometimes.

This is definitely on my list now, what exactly are the "gains" though (previously I was unsure about dropping that amount of cash on it but after your responsiveness here I'd like to support). Someone mentioned unadvertised changed Ford did between model years, does anyone know if this will fit a 2017 and, if any, what were the model changes between 16-17 (or point me in the right direction). *thread jack over*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are going to find out today, greg is here, as soon as he finished his subway we are going to scan his car :)