Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

BIG MOUTH picture thread!

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #141
I'm more interested in seeing one in black and white, or more specifically, I should say I'm more interested in seeing one in black and white on my car!

(Ordered one about a week ago, and looking forward to it! [twothumb]
You mean like this?

LILIKE16ST

I finally installed my BIG MOUTH and thought I'd give Dan/Velossatech some love.

Install is simple, 30 minutes or so once the bumper is off.

I am not aware if the BIG MOUTH made the car better because I added a Cobb FMIC at the same time.

There is a nice new and surprisingly deep intake growl with the BIG MOUTH. Also it looks quite awesome.

I did have an issue with fitment - I wonder if anyone else did. I'm pretty sure I installed everything else around it correctly, and I cut a plenty big hole for the BIG MOUTH, that is not the issue.....so I don't think this is my fault......the BIG MOUTH's 'throat' for lack of better terminology pushes against the top cowl....this disallows the bumper to fit properly. If you try to cram it down into place it warps the bumper. In order to resolve this I had to hack and slash at the upper cowl a bit. Once I cut part of it off so that it would not rest on the BIG MOUTH, everything fit together fine. It is a bit sad though because now my engine bay does not look perfect. But I'll find a way to hide my surgery. I suppose that's just the price you pay for having such a BIG MOUTH!!!

Overall I'm pretty happy.

Note, I did paint it a deeper red than it originally was.

First pic is of the fitment issue, taken from the driver's side of the car, before I did surgery to make it fit; others are the BIG MOUTH installed!!!

big mouth looks amazing...I'm going for the same look on mine I want black on black on matte black but with a couple red accents here and there like the stock calipers are red and I want those custom ford emblems black with matte black where the chrome normally is and red ford letters exactly like the one in your pic. And that ST emblem though!!! How did you do your st emblem in the grill black with red outline instead of red with chrome outline. I'm very interested in doing that as well. I have seen emblems like that ford one you have on ebay and stuff but they are like what I'd need for the rear...the front ford badge on this car is obviously a little different size and shape than the rear one or most ford emblems for that matter so that's why it has me a little lost on how to do it and where to go. Thanks for your help in advance...looks awesome love the look you are going for. I know this big mouth has to help performance...it's hard for me to believe this doesn't have any impact at all on performance...cool fresh air...and lots of it...is being literally rammed into the air box and into the motor so the air going in is much cooler to start with so it's cooler when it gets to the intercooler so it has less work to do and by the air "forcing" into the motor this way so to speak it enables the engine and turbo to not have to work "sucking" in the air allowing them to both run more efficiently. ON paper that's sure how it seems to me. And normally when your inlet temps are cooler and your car is running more efficient you almost always gain some power somewhere. I'll be getting this big mouth sooner than later first to go with my k&n drop in with stock box then later I plan on going with the cpe. Speaking of the CPE....

Does anyone think the CPE ram air intake setup combined with this big mouth ram air setup would be a noticably better setup and create more horsepower and torque over say this big mouth combined with the stock setup with a k&n drop in filter like I have...and possibly a mishimoto 3 inch air inlet pipe. That inlet pipe alone is like 150+ that's nearly half the price of the complete 3 inch diameter ram air box cool air intake that has an awesome setup. It's made from stainless steel (the air box) causing it to keep heat out away from the filter much better. It also replaces the entire intake piping from the filter all the way to the turbo instead of just up half way like some others do (the mishimoto inlet pipe for example). I believe This setup would bring in more air because of the diameter and having a large cone filter inside a stainless steel air box and it still gets air from the front so being setup in conjunction with this big mouth ram air setup I think it would be one sweet intake setup. I believe it would be a better setup all the way around than the stock box combined with mishimotos inlet pipe upgrade. However...do any of you guys think there would be an increase in power over the stock setup and mishimoto inlet upgrade with both setups using this big mouth. I'm stock turbo for now with a livernois 93 tune and k&n drop in. I also have a resonator and muffler delete so my catback is straight through in the stock 2 1/4 inch diameter piping. I really like the way it sounds so I may just leave it like that or have a shop re run some 2.5+ inch piping to replace the 2 1/4 inch piping later on after I go 3 inch catless down pipe etc. I plan on a turbo upgrade at some point in the future. After I do the intercooler and 3 inch catless downpipe and that cpe intake with this big mouth I might actually make the trip 8 hours to livernois motorsports shop to have them dyno tune the car for all the new mods instead of doing an update remote tune. I would also like to see if they can do an e30 tune also that's another reason for the drive. I think there is extra power to be had having them pro tune it on a dyno vs remote tune I know they say it's close usually within 2-3% or so but having more mods like this that effect power I believe that would only widen the gap between remote tune and dyno tune vs a stock tune only car. With that intercooler keeping things very cool not far above ambient temps on the charge temps and these other mods freeing up power and this big mouth combined with the cpe intake....I think I've read before the air being forced into the turbo in 3rd and 4th gear out on the road or at the track causes the engine and the turbo to not work as hard making them more efficient and gaining some power but could also allow your tuner to turn up the wick so to speak in 3rd and 4th gear if there was a way to properly simulate the airflow you would see at those speeds on the dyno and make corrections accordingly. Either way I believe there'd be some decent gains to be had having them dyno tune it even on 93 vs the remote tune and if I can get them to do an e30 tune that would be even better! What's 8.5 hour drive each way for a much better running car? I'm willing to do it. Sorry for the novel guys, this big mouth is awesome and you sir have an awesome car and I love your taste in mods...
Michael

jeff

2000 Post Club
big mouth looks amazing...Sorry for the novel guys, this big mouth is awesome and you sir have an awesome car and I love your taste in mods...
Michael
Hey Michael thanks for the kind words.

Most folks around here say that (other than the 2JR intake) intakes don't do much. There are a few dynos out there that do show small gains with the CP-E and there is also data that proves temps are reduced, and I believe these are both accurate. Is it worth the money? You decide. The stock intake is actually very well heat shielded. So to answer your question about the CP-E intake and BIG MOUTH combo, who knows, I am sure they reduce temps and add a bit of HP/TQ but only a bit. Still it's a great mod and adds sound and looks great. If you're pinching pennies I say keep the stocker but if you have money to burn and want some sound/bling/small gains why not get an intake. I'll tell you one thing, everyone that sees my hood opened gawks at the CP-E intake, it's a beauty. But it's not like adding an intake or BIG MOUTH is suddenly going to add anything to the butt dyno, as anything short of maybe 5-10 HP on this car isn't going to be easy to notice.

My emblems and wheel caps all came from VelossaTech also so while you're getting your BIG MOUTH grab some other goodies, Dan has some great stuff for sure.

Enjoy your car!!!!!!!!!!!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Big Month Snow edition

Well had an early snow storm. Wet blowing snow. The Potenza were not terrible but the ground is still warm. Lots of head wind and the BM got some snow. Checked in the box and it was still bone dry. I love this thing!

14615585_984970661629541_2834154916266859431_o.jpg

Well had an early snow storm. Wet blowing snow. The Potenza were not terrible but the ground is still warm. Lots of head wind and the BM got some snow. Checked in the box and it was still bone dry. I love this thing!

View attachment 12022
That's good to know because that's one of my worries as winter rolls in

LILIKE16ST

What part is that green bar in the front behind the grill?

That is the DHM crash bar it lights up the front around 20 lbs from stock I think and it's also needed in order to fit their huge race intercooler. I think I'm gonna get the bar even running the depo cooler just for it's looks and weight savings.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wish mine could've been white snorkel with blue trimmed inlet instead of black with blue trimmed inlet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk