Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans - Now Available with Intro Pricing!

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Boomba Racing Catch Cans - Now Available !

Our catch cans are now officially on sale and ready to ship!

We have two versions, a stage 1 kit which works on your CCV side, and a stage 2 kit that works with the PCV side.

Each stage comes with everything necessary to install the kit on your car. Instructions can be found on our website.

These cans boast one of the largest capacities on the market (over 350ml) and are CNC machined from billet aluminum with no welding.

For the first few days, we are going to be running a discounted price on these cans to act as intro pricing. We will have a spot to enter your forum name so we can see if you heard about the cans here. Take advantage of this pricing now, because it won't last forever.

These beautifully machined pieces of billet aluminum are crucial in any direct injected car. They work to collect oil and moisture passing through your vacuum system and to prevent it from entering back into your intake where it would collect on the back of the intake valves and gunk up the inside of your engine, causing carbon build-up.

The Boomba Racing Catch Can is meant to be easy to install, and easy to service. With a mounting bracket that makes it quick and easy to remove, draining this catch can is super convenient. This catch can utilizes a two stage outlet to ensure that the oil within the vapor going through the can is trapped.

Features of the Boomba Racing Catch Can:
-Holds over 350ml of liquid
-2-step outlet filtration system
-User-configurable inlet/outlet set-up
-Easy-drain NPT plug
-Sight window to see the level of the contents
-CNC machined from billet aluminum [no sloppy welds here]
-Available in natural aluminum, red, black, or blue
-Comes with a bracket that helps to make it easier to mount on your specific project

Purchase links:

Stage 1 [CCV]

Stage 2 [PCV]

Intro video:
[video=youtube;JRMhpFNSfaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMhpFNSfaU[/video]

Install video:

[video=youtube;BCmQ0Xkwp98]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCmQ0Xkwp98[/video]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Can someone enlighten me as to the advantages of the stage two over the stage one?
There is none really. Just names. The pcv side is the one collecting most if not all the oil vapours and the is whereall current occ are installed. However some what full coverage and the ccv side is used. From what has been written nothing is seen there in small tests. Would be interesting to know when someone installs it how much they collect.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
How long for the discount pricing? Any chance for a group buy?
Pricing will probably run through the end of this week.

Not planning on doing a group on these right now, which is why we are giving you guys the 10% off right out of the gate!

Can someone enlighten me as to the advantages of the stage two over the stage one?
Stage 2 will catch more being that it is the PCV side. Stage 1 is for the CCV side. The difference is that one side is high pressure whereas the other is low pressure. For someone just looking to run one can, stage 2 is going to catch more.

i could have sworn i saw a link to an install video??
No install video yet, something should be out by the end of this week/early next week.

Young L

so i realized i forgot to order/ask about the check valve. for the pcv occ how far back on the hose would yall say to splice it in and what is diameter is the hose so i know to order the right size.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
so i realized i forgot to order/ask about the check valve. for the pcv occ how far back on the hose would yall say to splice it in and what is diameter is the hose so i know to order the right size.
If you were looking to use a check valve in our kit, you'd be looking at 3/8" to fit the hoses we provide with our catch can. As far as mounting goes, you'd want it closer to the PCV itself.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
In our testing we felt that it wasn't. Adding it doesn't hurt anything, but we don't feel its mandatory.
Speaking of testing....Sounds like you guys did extensive testing so are there any plans to post engineering write-ups or results? ...I think it would be good for folks to review them who are looking to decide which OCC kit to purchase....

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Speaking of testing....Sounds like you guys did extensive testing so are there any plans to post engineering write-ups or results? ...I think it would be good for folks to review them who are looking to decide which OCC kit to purchase....
In the past we haven't posted much of the " engineering" side of things, but it is probably something we'll be doing in the future. Some of the other vendors are doing it and it really is neat to share with potential customers.